6.0 engine

08Monster

Reaction score
Looking for a 6.0, long block, short block, ready to drop in, anything. Have a customer with a failed engine, needs something to quickly put in. Prefer new, looking for pre bullet proofed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Anything that is guaranteed. Probably rebuilt.

letsmow10

Reaction score
Asheville engines is where I would look for a fairly quick the around. Check their website for pricing and specs. 12 month unlimited mileage warranty.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Asheville engines is where I would look for a fairly quick the around. Check their website for pricing and specs. 12 month unlimited mileage warranty.

very very poor choice.

letsmow10

Reaction score
very very poor choice.
What is your reasoning behind that comment? I always see people say different things about companies but never have a reason. There are a few people on the forums I have talked with that have 60-70k on an Asheville and have had no issues. I didn't go that route but I don't need a quick turnaround and have time to wait and a little extra money I'm willing to put in. I'm just curious though what experience you have that would warrant them as a "very very poor choice"?

sootie

Reaction score
What is your reasoning behind that comment? I always see people say different things about companies but never have a reason. There are a few people on the forums I have talked with that have 60-70k on an Asheville and have had no issues. I didn't go that route but I don't need a quick turnaround and have time to wait and a little extra money I'm willing to put in. I'm just curious though what experience you have that would warrant them as a "very very poor choice"?

a quick google search should answer your questions

letsmow10

Reaction score
a quick google search should answer your questions
No, actually it doesn't. I spent many hours researching online and talking with guys who are running an Asheville engine. Are there better built engines out there? Sure there are. Have they had some issues or complaints? Absolutly. Does that make Asheville a very very poor choice? I don't think it does. Like I said several people I have some with have put 60-70k trouble free miles on their engine and have been happy. I'm not trying to sell anyone on them I just disagree with it being a very very poor choice especially if you have no reason except do a Google search. Like I said I chose Jared at Kill Devil to build my engine (and highly recommend him if you have time to wait)but I'm not going to bash someone else without just cause. Anyway as they say to each their own. OP, do your own Google search or search the forums and you will find some guys running Asheville engines as well as others. Good luck with whichever route you go.

sootie

Reaction score
No, actually it doesn't. I spent many hours researching online and talking with guys who are running an Asheville engine. Are there better built engines out there? Sure there are. Have they had some issues or complaints? Absolutly. Does that make Asheville a very very poor choice? I don't think it does. Like I said several people I have some with have put 60-70k trouble free miles on their engine and have been happy. I'm not trying to sell anyone on them I just disagree with it being a very very poor choice especially if you have no reason except do a Google search. Like I said I chose Jared at Kill Devil to build my engine (and highly recommend him if you have time to wait)but I'm not going to bash someone else without just cause. Anyway as they say to each their own. OP, do your own Google search or search the forums and you will find some guys running Asheville engines as well as others. Good luck with whichever route you go.

whatever dude....

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35038

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68097&showall=1

on edit: i see from your past posts you've been swinging from their sack for a while now...go ahead and buy from there and A: dont come here with any complaints and B: Stop recommending them to others. There is a lot more that doesnt hit the boards you know...

Last edited:

letsmow10

Reaction score
whatever dude....

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35038

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68097&showall=1

on edit: i see from your past posts you've been swinging from their sack for a while now...go ahead and buy from there and A: dont come here with any complaints and B: Stop recommending them to others. There is a lot more that doesnt hit the boards you know...
Thanks for the thread links. I had seen one of those as I had responded to it previously. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I am just a factual person and like reasoning behind what people say. There are some complaints and some happy with quite a few miles. I'll leave it at that and let OP make their own decision.

08Monster

Reaction score
I have heard to stay away from Asheville. As well as blackwater.

Latest posts

Members online