Real Tuning

Blackdawg

Reaction score
I haven’t found a programmer that will allow me to adjust speedo for my 40” Tires. Forescan limits adjustment at 35” or so. Will this be a problem with the computer and the TCM tuning?
The computer thinks the truck still has the factory wheel and tire setup. I’m wondering how that effects converter lockup, shift points etc.

I’ve been patiently waiting for this platform to develop. Tire size / speedo calibration being one thing I would really like to see. Was told today they are working on that. I hope they also offer different gear calibration going forward but that did not sound like it is in the works yet.

F

Floorboard79

I haven’t found a programmer that will allow me to adjust speedo for my 40” Tires. Forescan limits adjustment at 35” or so. Will this be a problem with the computer and the TCM tuning?
The computer thinks the truck still has the factory wheel and tire setup. I’m wondering how that effects converter lockup, shift points etc.

I adjusted mine for my 37's with forscan, im just living with the stupid cel. Drives great with the tcm tuning and i didnt have to spend two hundred something dollars for that hypertech module.

F

Floorboard79

Anyone know whats different about the new v2.6 150 sotf tune that just came out?

Quigs4u

Reaction score
I’ve been patiently waiting for this platform to develop. Tire size / speedo calibration being one thing I would really like to see. Was told today they are working on that. I hope they also offer different gear calibration going forward but that did not sound like it is in the works yet.

I agree. Gear calibration is a big deal for me. I would love to change the gearing to compensate for the larger rotating mass, but with the current tuning availability I haven’t done it. I’m sure it’s like all new year platforms, it’s not if, just when it will be available.
I’m surprised I guess that making sure the computer has the correct ratios isn’t a bigger part of the transmission tuning bubble. If the computer is using speed and rpm as indicators for shift points and converter lockup etc, but if they are not accurate inputs then I guess that leaves something on the table. I am only assuming that if truck - A- has a oem 3.73 rear with 40” tires vs truck -B- stock 4.10 gears on oem tires/wheels the transmission would or should act differently. Then throw in the fact that truck -A-has a computer without corrected speedometer calibration and thinks it’s going 10mph slower then it actually is. Maybe I’m overthinking it?
Maybe the computers smart enough to figure it out? I doubt it.
There’s a **** ton of guys on here smarter then me——thoughts?

Quigs4u

Reaction score
I adjusted mine for my 37's with forscan, im just living with the stupid cel. Drives great with the tcm tuning and i didnt have to spend two hundred something dollars for that hypertech module.

I looked into the module- best I can tell you take the dash apart and it piggybacks on the cluster. That’s not changing it in the computer, just correcting the visual on the cluster.

F

Floorboard79

Ive had the same thoughts as you, all i know is i would prefer it to be 100% right, seen across all the computer modules, not just the BCM or whatever

Reaction score

How did you adjust it up so high? What settings did you use in what parameter to get it there? The only adjustments Ive seen/done with Forscan allows for essentially only factory size diameters.

F

Floorboard79

Same way i came up with the formula for the 285-75-18 in spread sheet. Use the calculator to get close and use gps and make small adjustments from there. I posted my formula for the 37 rt's in the forscan spreadsheet thread but it hasnt been added to the spreadsheet.

F

Floorboard79

MPG is better by a few tenths with this 0-150 v2.6 tune,
but the WOT is screwy, boost goes up and down.

F

Floorboard79

MPG is better by a few tenths with this 0-150 v2.6 tune,
but the WOT is screwy, boost goes up and down.

And that was the beginning of my fight with trans tuning defueling me.
Still having issues after ALOT, of wasted time, wear and tear and fuel doing relearns and trying kam resets and new flashes. Ppei finally told me to take it to lead foot diesel, called them up and they said use gdp for your tuning.
Gave up and swapped back to oem tcm tune and 0 hp. Going to start saving for another tune pack. Disappointed to say the least

F

Floorboard79

Believe it ir not im
Enjoying the factory trans tune. Just drove back about 400 miles from a vacation and despite the previously annoying to me shift defuel and higher shift points, its much much nicer and less worrisome than the ppei tunes. No randomly clunking into gear, no random flares and best of all....full power at wide open throttle all the time. Wanted to relearn with the export 440 tune so i made the drive home with that. Switched to the zero hp tune after i got home and drove a little, has the throttle response and quick spool like i like and plenty of power. Its been so long since i could get in and drive, especially tow worry free... going to leave it alone. Hopefully i didnt shorten my transmissions life too much. Guess we’ll see.

Now Back to this 7.3 oil cooler

Latest posts

Members online