6.0 gauges

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
Can the boost and/or trans temp gauge connectors off dash be put on aftermarket gauges on pillar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You will be better off with a mechanical boost gauge and an add on trans temp gauge. The stock map sensor only reads to about 30psi gauge, and the trans temp gauge is a stepper motor basically idiot light. My factory gauge will be reading in the middle most mornings, and my autometer gauge hasnt come off 100deg yet.

bismic

Reaction score
The best choice is a scan tool that reads engine PIDs (the actual temp/pressure/etc values). i-phone and android software is cheap and the only other cost is a bluetooth adapter ($30)

shmoozer

Reaction score
Autometer or ISSPro are the only gauges I'd use aside from a CTS. I personally prefer a combo of the types of gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
I have an auto meter c2 Pyro right now. May just buy the pillar and the other guages to match it?

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
Can I run one resistor for all guages to the dimmer, or do I have to have a resistor for each guage?

colo_dually

Reaction score
You can put all the gauges on the same dimmer.

I second the mechanical boost gauge, stock turbo or aftermarket - your tuner is manipulating the factory gauge value.

Most of these can be run more effectively off a unit like the Edge Insight. Transmission comes to mind, and it will allow you to effectively monitor things that gauges can't (i.e. FICM voltage). Leaving that option open, as I run a combination of Insight and Autometer gauges myself.

The one you probably aren't thinking about is the Fuel Pressure.

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
I have stock turbo and the old style sct flash x3. I did say I wanted fuel pressure gauge..with egt, trans, and boost

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
I usually keep the tuner in the higher tow, which is 80 hp, correct me if I'm wrong. Never ran it in 120

shmoozer

Reaction score
I use a mechanical gauge for trans temp and boost. The rest of my gauges, including pyro I use my CTS 2 for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colo_dually

Reaction score
What's the best pods to retain the grab handle?

Autometer has a single pod for under the grab handle that I use, however I modify that one with a second generic build single pod - to create the two gauge unit under my grab handle. Then I have a quad pod over the rear view mirror. (And still use an Edge Insight periodically.)

Latest posts

Members online