Hard start

6.4psd916

Reaction score
After doing headstuds on my truck, I have a few problems. One is when starting, it stumbles then runs fine. Rail pressure builds quickly still, cranks for 3 to 4 seconds then starts but sounds really bad for a few seconds then is fine. It's much worse when warm. The other issue is I have oil coming out of the stud on the passenger side thats not under the valve cover. I may be getting some fuel in the oil too. And can't find a coolant leak on the passenger side. I'll start digging into it in the next few days. Just want to see if anyone has any ideas. I'm thinking maybe that head didn't seal properly for some reason. New heads were put on. Thanks in advance.

jordysoso

Reaction score
I'd check compression in the cylinders first. How'd the Pistons look when you tore everything down, any cracks or potential defects that had you thinkin "hmm idk about that but we will roll with it "?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
The pistons did not look bad at all. I'm just going to pull the head on that side when I have the chance. I don't think that head sealed right for whatever reason. I had a coolant leak from that side that I couldn't find and I think it was coming from the headgasket area. And it was coolant coming from the stud, it was the arp lube bubbling up, probably being pushed by coolant.

Lipka101

Reaction score
If you have coolant coming from the studs either there is serious pressure getting there or the stud isn't tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online