Paint QC

Magicman129

Reaction score
Not too happy, got my truck Thursday, my wife pointed out some scuff on the door I go grab a rag and some quick detail and find the worst run I have ever seen on a vehicle, wtf how did this pass quality control

Attachments

• 20170311_155502.jpg
    20170311_155502.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 301

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Not too happy, got my truck Thursday, my wife pointed out some scuff on the door I go grab a rag and some quick detail and find the worst run I have ever seen on a vehicle, wtf how did this pass quality control
Bring back to dealership,accidents happen,should it?NO!Did you not do a walk over at dealer,before picking up truck?

theplumber

Reaction score
On the 2017 the paint are crap!! Mine have a lot of stone chip !! But my truck only have 2 month !! And ford don't want to pay the paint . But my dealer have same opinion as me and are pissed off cause Ford don't
Want to pay . I am waiting now !!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Magicman129

Reaction score
Of course I did a walk around, you kinda have to be bent down to see it, I mainly looked for dents and scratches, silly me, the rest of the truck looks good, I just can't believe they send stuff out like that. I almost went to wipe it off I thought it was road tar when I first saw it, not going to touch it till ford sees it

Swampfox

Reaction score
On the 2017 the paint are crap!! Mine have a lot of stone chip !! But my truck only have 2 month !! And ford don't want to pay the paint . But my dealer have same opinion as me and are pissed off cause Ford don't
Want to pay . I am waiting now !!

Why should Ford pay for paint repair on rock chips when you have aftermarket wheels and mud tires that stick out past the fender well? Rock chips will eventually happen to any truck that doesn't sit its whole life.

Magicman129

Reaction score
I get chips and I agree with the 3m but mine is a straight up run in the paint, like when you painted your bike when you were 10 and did a bad job

theplumber

Reaction score
I have a ton of chip all around the truck !!

Jomax

Reaction score
This is why the next truck I get will be trailered to the PPF guy, full front and all the rocker panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theplumber

Reaction score
For sure a plastic protector like 3M

04cr450

Reaction score
Of course I did a walk around, you kinda have to be bent down to see it, I mainly looked for dents and scratches, silly me, the rest of the truck looks good, I just can't believe they send stuff out like that. I almost went to wipe it off I thought it was road tar when I first saw it, not going to touch it till ford sees it

I took a creeper with me and they put the truck on a 2 post lift at the dealership before I bought. I spent over an hour checking it out before giving them a dime. .. u have to... have u seem the way the salesmen etc drives these vehicleS around the lots?

Jomax

Reaction score
I took a creeper with me and they put the truck on a 2 post lift at the dealership before I bought. I spent over an hour checking it out before giving them a dime. .. u have to... have u seem the way the salesmen etc drives these vehicleS around the lots?

I'll have to remember that. I've never done that before lol.

12stroker

Reaction score
I have several spots on my truck that are getting going to get fixed this coming up week. The fuel door is missing paint. I have two spots on the cab corner and also the tailgate has a run on the paint and the rear bumper was scratched up as well. Sad thing is I ordered it and they had it all cleaned up and then I pointed out all the flaws in the paint. The gm is making it right they have a loaner truck ready for me and they gave me some floor liners and I am going to see if I can get anything else thrown on the truck while they are working on it.
20170228_182448_zpsr3htk3lx.jpg

20170228_182325_zpsqmd0nmtm.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
I guess them making all the new trucks so fast. They are rushing to get all the orders in. Sucks.

vrog

Reaction score
the paint on my truck isn't great either. There is practically no paint on the door jams. The front bumper chip so easy. I have a few weird dry spots too. I know we don't want to hear it but they are all like that.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
I noticed 3 spots on the roof of my truck that had dirt or something under the paint. I also had an issue where the plastic pieces on the front seat weren't put together correctly and were discolored where they bent them. There were some scratches in the plastic by the rear seat almost the entire way down to the floor. The bad thing about that is someone tried to mask the scratch by smearing some kind of putty over it where it was visible. The service managers answer to the defects in the paint was to send it to a local shop to "buff down the high spots". I told them to leave it alone.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Latest posts