Backseat of a crew cab

Spatel23

Reaction score
Kinda lol
There should be a black cloth loop beside the headrest that you need to pull up on.
It may be a little hard to find, look down in between the back of the cab and the back of the seat and you'll find it.
Pull up on it.
Seat should come down

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
Kinda lol
There should be a black cloth loop beside the headrest that you need to pull up on.
It may be a little hard to find, look down in between the back of the cab and the back of the seat and you'll find it.
Pull up on it.
Seat should come down
I seen those loops. I tried to pull up. I'll give it another go. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Blackdawg

Reaction score
Y'all talking about the 60% side or the 40% side? I found the strap to pull down the small side pretty easy, access the jack, etc. Big side's got me scratchin.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
it doesnt, i ran into the same problem, the 40% side has the loop on the seat, the 60% side does not, the loop by the headrest is for a child seat as far as i can tell.

tried looking in my owners manual and it doesn't say jack squat

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
it doesnt, i ran into the same problem, the 40% side has the loop on the seat, the 60% side does not, the loop by the headrest is for a child seat as far as i can tell.

tried looking in my owners manual and it doesn't say jack squat

its a little metal tab you need to release.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
To the right of the headrest behind the seat is the mechanism and when you put your hand back there, there is a shiny metal round release you pull up on and it works like a door mechanism.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Blackdawg

Reaction score
Found it. Like said above, have to raise bottom of seat slightly which pulls the back of seat away from cab and you'll see the latch. Thanks.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Found it. Like said above, have to raise bottom of seat slightly which pulls the back of seat away from cab and you'll see the latch. Thanks.

when i found it i figured they didnt really expect that to ever be used .

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Shows how old you guys are getting. There is only one thing to be worried about in the back seat. It SURE as hell ain't the back of the seat. :poke:

Blackdawg

Reaction score
Shows how old you guys are getting. There is only one thing to be worried about in the back seat. It SURE as hell ain't the back of the seat. :poke:

lol young grasshopper....been there done that and got the three car seats across the back to prove it. I'm just trying to find a secret stash hole or place to stuff assorted body parts in a pinch :gethim:

Reaction score
Just wanted to show y'all this. Found it randomly on the F150 forum the other day and thought of this thread. Its for the new F150s (which has the same cab as the super duty). So I assume it would work on the new super dutys seats. Seems like a good idea if youre someone who wants to use that space behind the drivers side rear seat. It may be worth contacting the company and see if they've ever tried fit up on the back of the 2017 super duty seat. Heres the link:

http://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-f-150-rear-seat-release

Inline6359

Reaction score
Just wanted to show y'all this. Found it randomly on the F150 forum the other day and thought of this thread. Its for the new F150s (which has the same cab as the super duty). So I assume it would work on the new super dutys seats. Seems like a good idea if youre someone who wants to use that space behind the drivers side rear seat. It may be worth contacting the company and see if they've ever tried fit up on the back of the 2017 super duty seat. Heres the link:

http://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-f-150-rear-seat-release

Where does it say they share the same cab?

Reaction score
Where does it say they share the same cab?

It's been discussed before and several articles out there on it if you google it. But here's the first article of you search it. Ford wanted to share the same cab between the super duty and F150, likely for cost savings much like they did in the 1990s and earlier. Also if you go to Fords official web site, you can check all the cab specs/dimensions between the two trucks and they are identical. But here's the link if you wanted to take a quick look:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/heres-2017-super-duty-resembles-2015-f-150/

sootie

Reaction score
There are differences between the cabs such as where the mounting points are etc but all glass is interchangeable and most interior items.

Latest posts

Members online