Edge CTS2 questions

08Monster

Reaction score
I was under the impression that a CTS2 would read the stock EGT probes on a stock 2014, is that not the case? A few of my other parameters don't work as well, like *** soot load.

Also, when I go to the diagnostics screen to read codes or do a manual regen, the CTS2 freezes up. Anyone else having similar issues?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kxc

Reaction score
If you are stock with emissions intact it will read 4 egt probes at least on a '15... as for freezing up mine does all the time. Tap twice without waiting and it's locked up. Kind of disappointing for what they charge. As for the soot% you may need to turn that on with forscan or IDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
If you are stock with emissions intact it will read 4 egt probes at least on a '15... as for freezing up mine does all the time. Tap twice without waiting and it's locked up. Kind of disappointing for what they charge. As for the soot% you may need to turn that on with forscan or IDS

It shows 5 different probes. EgeeR, pre d OC, post d OC, pre dp f and post dp f I believe. I can't read any of them. They just show some bogus number

Kxc

Reaction score
It shows 5 different probes. EgeeR, pre d OC, post d OC, pre dp f and post dp f I believe. I can't read any of them. They just show some bogus number

And you have the original stock tune ? I would give edge a call.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

Glad I'm not the only one.... I believe the freezing issue is a firmware issue... mine does the exact same thing. Get too fast with it and it's locked smooth up!! Frustrating.....

Usually when a data device gets locked up it is because two of the same bits collide. Kind of like sending information from 2 units to 1 unit with the same IP address.... you can lock up the world doing that. I've accidently shut down 72,000hp plant before by sending the same data via fiber on the same path with the same IP Address.... oops!! Lol....

Anyways. A monitor is no different. I wish I had the time to talk to edge about the issue. It very well may be an easy patch/software/firmware update on their behalf.

Mines notorious for doing it when I'm wanting to clean codes (famous Spartun p2074) while in motion.

Jomax

Reaction score
Mine has frozen every time I go too fast and don't let it load up when I scan it. It sucks! I have to unplug it to make it work again..
Still love it though.

08Monster

Reaction score
Mine has frozen every time I go too fast and don't let it load up when I scan it. It sucks! I have to unplug it to make it work again..
Still love it though.

Yeah it's a sweet monitor, I just wish I could see all the parameters I am supposed to. I am going to give Edge a call directly and see if they have any insight on the situation, as to why I can't read and egt probes. I'll make a list of all the things I can't monitor when I get home on Friday

CATDiezel

Reaction score
They won't fix it if nobody let's them know there is an issue.... if somebody gets the time to call let them know it's multiple people.

08Monster

Reaction score
These trucks are just one big rolling computer- give them time I am sure they will figure it all out. Hopefully....
Yeah I didn't pay over $400 for my product not to work as advertised.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yeah it's a sweet monitor, I just wish I could see all the parameters I am supposed to. I am going to give Edge a call directly and see if they have any insight on the situation, as to why I can't read and egt probes. I'll make a list of all the things I can't monitor when I get home on Friday

You have to add their egt probe, it can't read it from the factory sensor with our truck loosing weight.

Jomax

Reaction score
They won't fix it if nobody let's them know there is an issue.... if somebody gets the time to call let them know it's multiple people.

I was told to try the newest update, I haven't done that yet. So I'm partial to blame on figuring it out for me. Was going to update, see what it does, then call edge.

08Monster

Reaction score
I was told to try the newest update, I haven't done that yet. So I'm partial to blame on figuring it out for me. Was going to update, see what it does, then call edge.

I'm have the newest update, I just updated it a week ago and my truck is bone stock. It should read all 5 probes.

16PS250

Reaction score
Update your CTS2 it has done wonders for mine. All my sensors worked before being del**** including *** soot etc.. I now have the EGT probe and it works great. The freezing has gotten better with the updates. Just plug it into your laptop open the app from edge website and it will check for updates, if you need them it will do the updates to your cts2.

Kxc

Reaction score
Notice if you can choose low pressure fuel system temp and pressure ? Think that's 15 + only though. I have been meaning to call edge about that