Going 38r in the 02

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
As for the alignment, I just clocked the compressor housing a little, I didn't quit have it perfect after installing the billet wheel, I'm planning on checking for boost leaks this week if I get time
how did you clock a 38r? I could have swore that the bolt pattern is a one way only patern? or is that the stock turbo? I could be drunk right now too...

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Sooo. I know it takes me a little while to work on the 02 cause its been at my parents house the last couple weeks. Took my boost leak checker stuff over with me after work, hooked it up, and sure enough, where the red line hooks to the x pipe, it was leaking. I took it off, and put a vacuum cap with clamp on it, and tested to 20psi, it held great. My next question, is 25-27 psi on stock injectors and a 38r sound right in a performance tune? The truck sure is behaving a lot better, I retract my previous statements of it spooling slower than stock turbo out of the hole, it spools quite a bit faster than stock now. My only complaint is that it doesn't cool as well as the BASB, but is definitely coolingbetter than stock charger. Does all this sound on par for the combo as far as boost, and spoiling?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
28 is all I'm able to hit on stock split shots and gearhead all out tune so you're right in there. And that's at 100 mph + when it's really got no other choice. I haven't messed with the wastegate yet either. Just not time. It'll only make a couple more psi from what I've been told though.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sooo. I know it takes me a little while to work on the 02 cause its been at my parents house the last couple weeks. Took my boost leak checker stuff over with me after work, hooked it up, and sure enough, where the red line hooks to the x pipe, it was leaking. I took it off, and put a vacuum cap with clamp on it, and tested to 20psi, it held great. My next question, is 25-27 psi on stock injectors and a 38r sound right in a performance tune? The truck sure is behaving a lot better, I retract my previous statements of it spooling slower than stock turbo out of the hole, it spools quite a bit faster than stock now. My only complaint is that it doesn't cool as well as the BASB, but is definitely coolingbetter than stock charger. Does all this sound on par for the combo as far as boost, and spoiling?

that is prolly close to what it should be with the gate opening with spring pressure. if you tighten the rod it should net a few psi of boost..
28 is all I'm able to hit on stock split shots and gearhead all out tune so you're right in there. And that's at 100 mph + when it's really got no other choice. I haven't messed with the wastegate yet either. Just not time. It'll only make a couple more psi from what I've been told though.
you shouldn't post info comparing your turd to others... its not runnin healthy enough for you to say whats what...

live life full throttle

Reaction score
that is prolly close to what it should be with the gate opening with spring pressure. if you tighten the rod it should net a few psi of boost..

you shouldn't post info comparing your turd to others... its not runnin healthy enough for you to say whats what...

live life full throttle
Gate rod is as tight as I could get it, I cranked it down as tight as I could before I ever even put the charger on the truck, overall much improved though. I guess its actually pretty good when you consider stock sticks are pushing a 66mm turbo that fast and enough to build 25+ psi boost, that's about all the stock one would do with a.84 ar and a 60mm, just hotter and surging

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Gate rod is as tight as I could get it, I cranked it down as tight as I could before I ever even put the charger on the truck, overall much improved though. I guess its actually pretty good when you consider stock sticks are pushing a 66mm turbo that fast and enough to build 25+ psi boost, that's about all the stock one would do with a.84 ar and a 60mm, just hotter and surging

I would think that you should be above 30psi.. did you spray the entire charge air system down with soapy water to make sure you dont have any other leaks?

live life full throttle

Vogel469

Reaction score
You switching to 1.0 wastegated or non wastegated and why the switch back