DS low beam out

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
My driver's side low beam does not work. I tried other bulbs, then broke out the test light, and I get nothing in the low beam side of the plug or stabbing the wire further back. Before I tear apart the harness, is there anything else easy I could check? I assume the headlights are on the same fuse so I ruled out that as a possibility.

PO had a plow setup he pulled out of the truck prior to sale. Don't think that has anything to do with it but I'm throwing that out there.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Does it have separate fuses for each side? I know some vehicles do, never paid attention to it in fords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor M

Reaction score
So there are separate fuses for h/l and r/l but those were good and I had power at the fuse panel. Apparently the BCM controls the lights, there are no traditional relays. For now I rigged up the low beams to work all the time off key on power, and I will have the BCM replaced but it’s enough for me to drive at night with at the moment.

Connor M

Reaction score
Update on this- it was a BCM issue. While I wait for my new BCM to come in, I just wired both lows up to a key-hot fuse (both so that it doesn't look weird driving around with one headlight on in the day) and it's working great. PO was driving around like that for a while, the wire had become dislodged and I clipped it thinking it was something to do with some plow wiring. One phone call and I was back in business.

Latest posts