New injectors and now sputtering at or above 2500 rpm

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Well thank you for clarifying that for me, I thought I read all posts on this thread but I missed one. Sorry dsberman for not responding to you I wasn't ignoring you but somehow I missed your post and I apologize for that

dsberman94

Reaction score
No need to apologize. I’m glad we got you up and running again. Sometimes even the ford ones are bad out of the box. Same with IPRs.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Bad CPS can cause all kinds of sorts of trouble and aometimes not even throw a DTC.
*** yes they can. Will make it a nightmare!
No need to apologize. I’m glad we got you up and running again. Sometimes even the ford ones are bad out of the box. Same with IPRs.
Yep! They can!!

live life full throttle

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Well thanks for all you guys help. I probably have earned a reputation on here as not wanting to listen and I know it all but that ain't the case. I take everyone's suggestions/advice into consideration and when I have an issue I am always thinking about what might be causing it what I can do to fix it etc until I get the issue resolved. I could be at home sitting on the couch relaxing and I will be thinking about whatever issue I maybe having with my truck lol. That's why I'm always poking around my truck or trying different ways to test it and describe as best I can the results I get from my little experiments to you guys lol

wildbill963258

Reaction score
And now that I know this it makes me curious what code injectors were installed because as far as I know stock injectors should not have any egt problems with the truck empty or loaded. Unless I am wrong which if I am please feel free to inform me

superpsd

Reaction score
It is typical to see higher temps under heavier load like climbing a hill even with no payload. Get an actual EGT probe to monitor EGTs if concerned. Or get a scan tool to watch EOT thru the OBD port as EOT is usually with in a few degrees of coolant temp. If your coolant temp gauge is in the normal range I wouldn't worry about it.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
It stayed within the normal range but even last year when I hauled 3000 lbs of sand in the bed up about 1/2- 3/4 mile long 1% hills the water temp never budged. Or my old F250 that was an auto I had about 3000lbs in the bed of it and hauled it from Norfolk Va to Lawrenceburg Ky going through the Appalachian mountains and its water temperature gauge never budged. My main question is can a stock sized injectors and stock turbo 7.3 even get into high egt ranges? Or do I now have bigger than stock injectors and have to install my IC before my next heavy long haul?

Latest posts

Members online