BTS trans about to take a dump

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Guess I need to call them on Monday

Looking like the 4th time this turd is going to have problems. Has less than 6 months of drive time on it behind a daily driven excursion.

Started needing rpms increased in order for it to engage in gear. Hopefully just needs a filter somehow. Proper fluid level and it's got some darkness to it.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Did you put the filter in last time or did they?

Flush lines, radiator cooler, and external cooler before reinstall? Or new cooler? What kind of cooler?

Bypass tube? New with last rebuild? Or reuse old one?

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Hasnt been touched since it showed up on the pallet from them the last time around

Lost all FWD gears

6.0 cooler. Was flushed from the shop that pulled it. Thing has less than 10k and a yr on it since it went back to them for some type of bearing failure. Had to pay 800 bucks to get it fixed not including the shipping.

Was told 2 week turn around, ended up taking 6+ months. No idea on bypass tube etc. I believe they did I full rebuild when it was up there, have to check the paperwork.

Thing has never had a trailer behind it. It's a DD for my dad. We'll see what they say when I call.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Hasnt been touched since it showed up on the pallet from them the last time around

Lost all FWD gears

6.0 cooler. Was flushed from the shop that pulled it. Thing has less than 10k and a yr on it since it went back to them for some type of bearing failure. Had to pay 800 bucks to get it fixed not including the shipping.

Was told 2 week turn around, ended up taking 6+ months. No idea on bypass tube etc. I believe they did I full rebuild when it was up there, have to check the paperwork.

Thing has never had a trailer behind it. It's a DD for my dad. We'll see what they say when I call.

Ok so now I’m confused... you say this is the 4th failure and the last one to 6+ months to get rebuilt and back to you. YET, in your thread last year, that was your 2nd failure and it took 3 months to get back. So has there been another failure in the last year that hasn’t been spoken about on the forum?

So a local shop is doing all the r&r on these transmissions that BTS builds? Or are you yourself? When you say the shop flushed the 6.0 cooler, was that when the cooler was pulled off the original truck or when the trans was pulled the last time?

What type of fluid is going back in the transmission after it is Re-installed, whether from the local shop or from you?

When was the transmission ORIGINALLY purchased? Not just the last rebuild. This is a question you didn’t answer in your last thread.

It sucks this vehicle is eating transmissions, but there seriously has to be something going on with the truck at this point that is aiding in the demise. I’m only saying that because I have no true idea of what caused the 1st, 2nd, supposed 3rd, or 4th failure you’re describing here...

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Ok so now I’m confused... you say this is the 4th failure and the last one to 6+ months to get rebuilt and back to you. YET, in your thread last year, that was your 2nd failure and it took 3 months to get back. So has there been another failure in the last year that hasn’t been spoken about on the forum?

So a local shop is doing all the r&r on these transmissions that BTS builds? Or are you yourself? When you say the shop flushed the 6.0 cooler, was that when the cooler was pulled off the original truck or when the trans was pulled the last time?

What type of fluid is going back in the transmission after it is Re-installed, whether from the local shop or from you?

When was the transmission ORIGINALLY purchased? Not just the last rebuild. This is a question you didn’t answer in your last thread.

It sucks this vehicle is eating transmissions, but there seriously has to be something going on with the truck at this point that is aiding in the demise. I’m only saying that because I have no true idea of what caused the 1st, 2nd, supposed 3rd, or 4th failure you’re describing here...
This makes the 3rd failure of the BTS, fourth tranny. My bad.

Cooler was new when installed. Flushed when this last one went in. Shop R/R the last two. Fluid was mobil 1 full synthetic.

Originally purchased in 12, that's why we paid for this last rebuild and one was covered under warranty. When it went back the last time was when brian was having all those health issues so I took it with a grain of salt.

Trucks always had gauges and it's never gotten hot. When it came back from this last time from brian it felt like its shifting harder than previous rebuilds. Cant wait for that huge turn around this time

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Just found the receipt

Last rebuild was 7/19 when we were billed. Didnt start driving it until about the first of the year due to doing balljoints etc . Reseal, clutches, tq convertor, and solenoid pack was done

ncollins64

Reaction score
And this is why I’ll never use BTS, but recommend many others like John Woods, Wyse etc. I don’t know your past with them but when I paid them cash upfront it still took 8 months to get my trans and had issues once installed too. Poor customer service before and after purchase. There’s better company’s out there I promise. I just hate seeing people get the run around from them. Rant over!

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
It got sent back, turn around was MUCH faster than the last time, which the assured me would be the case and they were correct. Been back in the truck 2 weeks. I called to see what had failed but Brian wasn’t around. Haven’t thought to call back yet

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.