Sct help

jtlane

Reaction score
Unplugged Turner for a day plugged it back up it feels like it does nothing in performance mode clean exhaust back pressure valve and still feels like stock

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Need more info who's tunes etc, you downloaded the tune into the PCM so if you Unplug the tuner from the obd port it won't change anything

jtlane

Reaction score
I am using SCT off the shelf Tunes the programmer comes on and downloads to change just find but the truck seems to be the same does not do anything in a way it feels like it drags it down more just as much power in stock as in the highest tune

jtlane

Reaction score
Before I took it off a ran amazing it'd pin you in the seat brake the tires loose

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
I went through same ordeal... I've heard many complain about SCT's support but the one issue I had (and I actually think I was at fault) they couldn't have been more helpful. I was bad to try and update firmware by using iPad as hotspot and anyway screwed up the livewire. But what I don't understand is why you are not still married into the last tune you installed. I mean, I can unplug mine right now and tune another as I've 5 flashes remaining but my current truck would remain in the last tune unless as previously mentioned you returned to stock.
My recommendation is to call those guys down in FL. I had to mail mine in and it took 5 business days to get my new one ( which wasn't under warranty) but it always bothered me I had only one SCT decal on drivers side qp and they sent two more all free of charge. Ckitting maybe on to something as well if your last tune isn't there. I'd definitely call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sootie

Reaction score
you cant tune another truck unless you put your truck back to stock first.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
you cant tune another truck unless you put your truck back to stock first.

10-4 Sooty, but what I was saying (and could be mistaken) like the problem I had If your tuner breaks or whatever, the ecm is locked into your last flash. I was apprehensive removing mine and shipping to FL Because I mainly got mine for the monitor capacity. But everything held, they had it a week and it plugged and played with no issues after I got it back. Once I quit try g to update via iPhone as hotspot Ive not any issues with the live wire. Probably regret saying that but its the truth. Haven't seen a lotta love for the SCT guys, they've done right by me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sootie

Reaction score
10-4 Sooty, but what I was saying (and could be mistaken) like the problem I had If your tuner breaks or whatever, the ecm is locked into your last flash. I was apprehensive removing mine and shipping to FL Because I mainly got mine for the monitor capacity. But everything held, they had it a week and it plugged and played with no issues after I got it back. Once I quit try g to update via iPhone as hotspot Ive not any issues with the live wire. Probably regret saying that but its the truth. Haven't seen a lotta love for the SCT guys, they've done right by me.

Ya ive had multiple sct livewire tuner/monitor combos fail. On six ohs I now resort to edge cts2 monitor (best out there for electronic pid monitoring) and the sct hand held downloaders. I like the SCT tuning platform but reliability on their monitors is hopeless.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
I've wondered about a few values accuracy...before I ******d the egr assembly I ran the eot's to 115 and ect just a few degrees cooler without the factory gauge moving. Made me wonder a bit anyway. It's funny you mentioned the edge...I was on the fence between it and the SCT upon purchasing truck...and the only reason I went SCT was for the tuning options (tranny) in which look to have zero value besides imploding drivetrain . Oh man...lol. Oh well, we'll learn from our os's or we're fated to repeat'em. Thanks again for all the input. Best help outside Diesel Tech Ron's tutorial vid's. Hate we lost him.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.