99-04 front airbags

D66stroke

Reaction score
There's a company named "Airbag It", they make a 3-link setup on bags to replace the front leaf springs. I'm not sure if this is old news or something new, but has anyone on here tried it? It's about $1600, and yes I'm aware an 05+ swap can be done cheaper but I rather have something that's 100% bolt-on if I were to go this route. Will post link below

EPA

Reaction score
personally I dont linke the idea of bags in the front... I know they are proven and what not but I could only imagine what a blow out up front towing down a pass would feel like... Could easily put you over the barrier.

But if you decide thats what you want... Stay away from airbagit products... With those bags you are definitely looking for trouble, more so on a heavy front end like ours... I would never buy an airbagit product that's intented for primary suspension... Look them up on air ride forums... People with small s10s complain about failures, from links to bags to hardware and design. Only thing I would use from that linked kit are the upper bag/frame mounts.

Best thing to do is a stock front end swap and then design your own upper and lower airbag cups.. Its very easy. Most important part is to design them so that the airbag is not over extended or collapsed too far.. Then buy good bags... Slam specialties re8. Firestone, ect.
Also there is a guy who used slam bags in the front of his 2006ish superduty and hated the ride... I looked through his write up and the only reason it didnt work for him was because it wasnt properly designed... Bag was over extended which requires more psi and he made air reservoirs for them thinking the volume would better the ride... It was a mess to say the least.

Last edited:

D66stroke

Reaction score
I was skeptical since it's my daily, and was surprised I never heard of this and more people running it, yet you see 05+ swaps left and right these days. Thanks for the info, I'll probably look for a rolling 05+ chassis or look into new leafs. I just didn't want to deal with modding brake lines, drilling holes, shimming radius arm brackets, etc on the 05 swap. I also just installed a Blue-Top steering box so again I'd have to ream the pitman arm as opposed to swapping steering box's.

Latest posts

Members online