Big injectors and emissions

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok, first off stupid question i know...

Anyway, ive wanted to do compounds for a long time, and after driving Charlies truck, the bug has bitten again. Now i cant sleep and want to go fast. Im thinking a KC stage 3 with a 480 in front of it. I like the driveability of the vgt, and am stuck on running a vgt, dont know what size, but i think the 3/480 setup would be great.

I have a snap test for emissions where i live. 205/30 pass on stock tuning. What is the biggest injector/nozzle size that can have fuel pulled for a quick drive to the emissions station?

Also what would the 480 clean up? 300/100, 285/100? Better off with like a 275/75?

Also thinking of doing hybrids, as dual pumps are out of tue question. I do tow typically about once a month, about 15k.

Thanks in advance!

Mdub707

Reaction score
That is probably a question best asked to your tuner honestly.

I'd also ask them what they think about the VGT/compound setup. It seems like everyone who has tried has eventually given up because of tuning issues. If you do get it to work and have some success please share here, I'd love to hear about it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
That is probably a question best asked to your tuner honestly.

I'd also ask them what they think about the VGT/compound setup. It seems like everyone who has tried has eventually given up because of tuning issues. If you do get it to work and have some success please share here, I'd love to hear about it.

Charlie with KC is running a ball bearing stage 2 with a 476 out front of it and it runs awesome. Driving it is what turned me back onto this idea. I dont remember whose tuning he is running, but its either idp or tsd.

My first thought was to ask the tuners, but figured id ask here first, as it seems there are a handful of guys with tuning experience and big injector on the street experience. And i know street and snap test are two completely different things. Figured someone may have some experience with it though.

Latest posts

Members online