F350 jerks in high gear.

kevingross1990

Reaction score
I recently gave my 2015 f350 a weight loss and GH tunes, and after about 2k miles, it started to jerk when cruising down the highway around 75mph. It's kind of hard to describe. the gauges don't acknowledge it, but the truck almost loses complete power for a split second and throws me forward a little bit, and then i go on about my life until the next time. I put a CB in days before, but even unplugged it does this. I'm not sure if that rules out the RFI or not. naturally, I can find radio towers when it happens, but I live in WY and can see for miles.
Any ideas on what this could be?

thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
what kind of throttle input is it happening under? Did you remove the egr components? Are you monitoring rail pressure when it occurs?

kevingross1990

Reaction score
what kind of throttle input is it happening under? Did you remove the egr components? Are you monitoring rail pressure when it occurs?
it's usually set on cruise control at 75. I would say it does seem like it's happening when ascending or descending a small hill, but then again, I'm in wyoming, so hills are never ending.
EGR components are gone.
I have not, I've been monitoring trans temp to see if I could find a trend.
I will keep an eye on rail pressure to see what I can find.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

brown1

Reaction score
mine was doing similar but while towing, almost pulsing and embarrassingly enough i was about 2qts low on trans fluid. i have not been able to tow since i topped off but i am assuming this will fix it. reason for low fluid was pan leaking after i changed filter and i have since retorqued pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.