K16 HPFP Replacement

Black AOD

Reaction score
It's the fact that it's been used one direction it's entire life already....reversing that isn't a great idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rubenk

Reaction score
It's the fact that it's been used one direction it's entire life already....reversing that isn't a great idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does the rotation of the pump actually reverse when you front mount one? I havent even looked close enough at my dual fueler kit to notice.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Internally yes.

Sorry for the hijack, feel free to PM me if you'd rather! Just gleaning knowledge where I can.

So, the pulley/gear itself spins the same direction, but the internals dont? When I reversed(unreversed? to put in the valley) my pump it looked like it was just a flow change and the pump spun the same way. But I havent had one apart any further than the cover to flip the plate, nor gotten my used dual kit even close to the front of the truck to picture it all lol

This one implies the same thing too. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50218

:blitzed:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack, feel free to PM me if you'd rather! Just gleaning knowledge where I can.

So, the pulley/gear itself spins the same direction, but the internals dont? When I reversed(unreversed? to put in the valley) my pump it looked like it was just a flow change and the pump spun the same way. But I havent had one apart any further than the cover to flip the plate, nor gotten my used dual kit even close to the front of the truck to picture it all lol

This one implies the same thing too. http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50218

:blitzed:

Maybe you're right?! Idk. I assumed everything on the pump just reversed to cause the fuel to flow opposite direction.

I may have jumped to a conclusion too quickly lol. It made more sense in my head that everything would reverse direction but I only thought about it beforehand for about 30 seconds.

Deep thought on the subject has made me realize now i may be wrong ha...wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited:

Rubenk

Reaction score
Maybe you're right?! Idk. I assumed everything on the pump just reversed to cause the fuel to flow opposite direction.

I may have jumped to a conclusion too quickly lol

I'm not a pro, just ignore me. If it spun the same way we wouldnt have to take the cover off and flip the flow plate thing, so I think you're right. :fustrate:

I need more coffee.

Strokersace

Reaction score
So since I'm in the middle of my build and putting new injectors in, I'm thinking very hard to putting a new pump in as well.

How are the RAE holding up?

What about the new Alliant units? If I was to go this route, how would I ensure that I'm getting a new one as compared to some "old stock"?

switchmode

Reaction score
Just replaced my HPFP in the Front front for Dual Fuelers with a remanufactured Alliant pump and I figured I would provide some insight. Pump that was previously in that location started leaking from the Shaft seal at temps under 0F, it was a Ford Remanufactured pump by Continental. The new Alliant pumps have both the PCV and VCV replaced with new and the shaft seal on the Alliant pump have a lot more robust seal with the snap ring in place. I will provide more feedback after a few cold days. So far though it seems like a great replacement.

Black AOD

Reaction score
So since I'm in the middle of my build and putting new injectors in, I'm thinking very hard to putting a new pump in as well.

How are the RAE holding up?

What about the new Alliant units? If I was to go this route, how would I ensure that I'm getting a new one as compared to some "old stock"?

My twin RAE/Flight Diesel pumps were doing awesome when I traded mine in. My truck had head issues again before the fuel system.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Alliant Pumps are def the way to go moving forward on 6.4's. More readily available too.

I still wont own a 6.4 again until a better casted or Aluminum heads are available and some better rocker options as well.