6.4 single turbo spool issue

Reaction score
I thought the MAF is really just for emissions to monitor EGR flow when it detects increase/decrease in mass air at lower engine speeds when EGR opens/closes.

When monitoring the MAF signal with a scan tool you will see it maxes out fairly soon when starting to building boost. Once it reaches that threshold I see no more signal changes whether I got WOT, half throttle or quarter throttle.

webb06

Reaction score
mounting that sensor there would scare the crap out of me.....

we dont run a sensor in the 6.4 dont seem to have any issues other then the driver, but i would definitely get with your tuner and see if he can straighten it out. if not maybe try some files from someone else?

What tuning platform do you use? I'm using sct currently and that's why I can't ditch the MAF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
What tuning platform do you use? I'm using sct currently and that's why I can't ditch the MAF.

Sct platform doesn't require it to be in the pipe, if it's tuned that way. We don't run it on our big singles. Next time your around the truck unplug ebp and see what happens.

webb06

Reaction score
Sct platform doesn't require it to be in the pipe, if it's tuned that way. We don't run it on our big singles. Next time your around the truck unplug ebp and see what happens.

Unplug ebp and try to spool it?

6.4powerstroke!

Reaction score
I actually run yalls single non vgt tune and have been getting the p0472 code and lagging issues when it happens. Runs great otherwise but comes on on occasion and ive tried 3 different sensors with same results. just wondering if you have seen this before.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.