700 hp goal build

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Jonathan is a good guy just can't keep up with the demand. Yes I'm frustrated the truck isn't done but it's not leaving his shop until it is how I want it. Planning another trip down that way soon so I can speak with Jonathan in person instead of hoping and then complaining about no call back.

Thank you I will grab some colorbond.

Last edited:

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I got tired of my iPad in the car. It gets to be useless after while. Cool in the beginning but dang I put the stocker back in quick.

Did you run the iPad through a headunit? If so did you modify the slide mount so that your stereo can still be used without the iPad being connected?

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Had a good talk with Jonathan today. Block is partial filled and ready for cryo. Rod's came in and last round of parts were payed for. Rough estimate is May 5th for pickup.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Did you run the iPad through a headunit? If so did you modify the slide mount so that your stereo can still be used without the iPad being connected?

Yes, the radio was connected via bt to the iPad. iPad was able to slide in and out. I'd rather have my radio and use my phone to radio via bt instead. It was one of those "cool gizmo had to have kinda deal". Kinda like my wife buying all the fudging shoes and only wears two or three of her collection - except I'm not even excessive like her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Not doing headers because Jonathan has to build me a new tranny. Current one had a chinese "triple disc" TQ in it and just wasn't made for anything over 500 hp.

Decided to do ported and ceramic coated intake manifold since I cant do headers.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Put my tdi on Jonathan's dyno yesterday. Numbers were 162/290

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Going down this weekend to get the truck. Well hopefully it's done lol I told him this is it and I want a truck to drive home

Countrycar

Reaction score
Cool. Remind me, is the info in your signature still how the build will sit when you get it back? Just wondering, because I'm really considering going to a s472sxe as well. I'm running 3/2 also, but w cam and PP heads and Bts hpop. So I'm really looking forward to see how your rig runs. Should just flat out rip..
On Edit; I just went back and reread the OP. So, it looks like the only change was the from 468 to the 472sxe correct?

Last edited:

powerjoke73

Reaction score
That turbo change and now running his tranny are differences from signature. I just want the thing to move under its own power for once haha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.