Need help with a cam

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
I'm thinking about switching the cam to something bigger while the engine is out. I'm not doing the actual work on the engine, I'm not a mechanic and don't know more than the basics.
Can you guys tell me if there are any reasons I shouldn't put one of the stage 4 cams in? If there isn't a major drawback then I'm going to. Currently a 71 mm vgt w/ 250/100's in a completely built engine, very soon to switch over to a grown up set up with non vgt and big injectors etc. pistons are cut so I'm good there. Thank you in advance for any help!

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
Just remember its 30+ hours of labor to swap it out, so if it doesnt work out youre looking at paying to have your whole motor torn down and put back together

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
whats the truck used for? street truck ? daily? track only ? if its a track only monster, throw the biggest cam at it. if you drive it on the street , stick with around a stage 2.. beyond that they really start to move the power from the low end up to the top end. youll lose drivability , would be smokey and hotter down low , but would wake up up top.

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
whats the truck used for? street truck ? daily? track only ? if its a track only monster, throw the biggest cam at it. if you drive it on the street , stick with around a stage 2.. beyond that they really start to move the power from the low end up to the top end. youll lose drivability , would be smokey and hotter down low , but would wake up up top.

Gotcha, thanks for the info! That gives me something to think about. Truck is just a toy, going to make it fast & drive it a bit then move on to another. Engine will probably be for sale in year!😂

Latest posts

Members online