PMF traction bars do not fit with Titan Tank?

Reaction score
So I have shop installing lift for me while I am offshore and get a call saying drivers side traction bar will not fit due to the Titan fuel tank. They are saying the bracket is hitting the tank before it sits flush on the frame and they will have to weld a bracket on the outside of the frame to make it work?

Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure jcain had a transfer flow tank, but they both sit flush up against the frame if I'm not mistaken. And if I'm not mistaken again, he just reversed the bolts on the driver's side to make it work with the tank.

1st last59

Reaction score
My bracket doesn't go beyond the inside of frame. I don't see how it could be a problem. Might have to put the bracket on the bar before final install so the threads will face outwards.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure jcain had a transfer flow tank, but they both sit flush up against the frame if I'm not mistaken. And if I'm not mistaken again, he just reversed the bolts on the driver's side to make it work with the tank.
Yes sir that was it. Didn't think I had the name right! Hope his link he posted helps the OP.

Reaction score
Well I just got home from offshore. Guy at shop was right and I will not be able to mount the PMF bars with the Titan. I will do some measuring and see if it is possible in any way to get them to work and then see about ordering some customs ones from PMF. Other method will be taking Titan tank out and get a Transfer Flow.

You can see where the Titan has a sump that comes out even with the bottom of the frame rail. So will have to do some engineering to get these to work.

Attachments

• IMG_3950.jpg
    IMG_3950.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 383

NotStock

Reaction score
Thats the first I have seen a tank shaped like that. Depending on where that falls on the frame rail (front to rear) it will almost definitely have some interference with the mounting location. Spacing further out away from the frame may cause an issue with the AMP steps as well. This might get tricky. Like I said on the phone though, Im happy to help however I can.

Jomax

Reaction score
Well I just got home from offshore. Guy at shop was right and I will not be able to mount the PMF bars with the Titan. I will do some measuring and see if it is possible in any way to get them to work and then see about ordering some customs ones from PMF. Other method will be taking Titan tank out and get a Transfer Flow.

You can see where the Titan has a sump that comes out even with the bottom of the frame rail. So will have to do some engineering to get these to work.

That tank hangs way low.... that's insane. Offroad trip and it would get ripped out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah, did a lot of Googling and have not found another one with the bulge for a 2011+ Super Duty. Called Titan and they say that is the newest design but they still ship some of the older ones too. Tank is about 6 months old. I have the Transfer Flow in the garage and may get it installed before I head back offshore, if not will have to do it when I get back in.

Appreciate the help and looking forward to getting everything finished up.

jcain

Reaction score
Yeah, did a lot of Googling and have not found another one with the bulge for a 2011+ Super Duty. Called Titan and they say that is the newest design but they still ship some of the older ones too. Tank is about 6 months old. I have the Transfer Flow in the garage and may get it installed before I head back offshore, if not will have to do it when I get back in.

Appreciate the help and looking forward to getting everything finished up.
Was this in a long bed or short bed? What size was the Titan tank?

Latest posts

Members online