New build!

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Starting my 94.5 ext cab long bed build, It's a zf 4x4. Looking to make it my daily, and to have some fun with it. It's completely stock as of right now, and needs a bit of loving.

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

7.3obs

Reaction score
That looks almost identical to the one I've pieced together for a work truck. Door is jammed in the same spot, fenders rusted out like a typical ford fender, same with the box. I replaced the fenders, swapped out a flat bed on it and love driving it. Keeps the road salt off my other truck too. You'll love it!

Before and after of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 88

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Nice truck!! I have new front fenders, a hood, and a rad support for it. I'm looking for a box yet. But it's coming along nicely. Got a guy that's going to do the cab corners for me, I hate body work, so I'm pawning that off. Lol

sootie

Reaction score
Nice truck!! I have new front fenders, a hood, and a rad support for it. I'm looking for a box yet. But it's coming along nicely. Got a guy that's going to do the cab corners for me, I hate body work, so I'm pawning that off. Lol

I can probably help you out with a box if you give me an idea on what you want to spend.

7.3obs

Reaction score

Should look great when it's done! Body work does suck! When I did my black truck over, the one in my profile picture I replaced fenders, cab corners, hood with a air induction fiberglass one, replaced the box. I have 700$ in the box. Being that I live in ny it was hard to find one around here. More I've seen for sale I think I paid too much. Can't turn back time though.

My white truck needs cab corners and a rocker on the drivers side. Plan to paint it next year. Going to drop it off to the guy that helped me do the cab corners on my black one and just have him do the work.

Do you plan to repaint and keep it white?

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Should look great when it's done! Body work does suck! When I did my black truck over, the one in my profile picture I replaced fenders, cab corners, hood with a air induction fiberglass one, replaced the box. I have 700$ in the box. Being that I live in ny it was hard to find one around here. More I've seen for sale I think I paid too much. Can't turn back time though.

My white truck needs cab corners and a rocker on the drivers side. Plan to paint it next year. Going to drop it off to the guy that helped me do the cab corners on my black one and just have him do the work.

Do you plan to repaint and keep it white?

Ya I plan to reprint and keep the white. I actually really like it. Once I washed all the junk off it, it cleaned up really nice. Besides all the rust. LOL.

internationalthreat

Reaction score
So made some progress on the truck today, or should I say this morning. I worked on it till 6am playing around on it. Fixing the small stuff first. Started by dropping the front driveshaft and replacing the front u-joints. While I was doing the u-joints I drained the transmission, and transfer case oils. The previous owner had put in 50 weight oil that's used in semi truck trannies. Was a bit thick, lol. I also started to paint the frame a bit, and ended up painting the driveshafts while I was at it. I think I'm going to run up town today and grab some rustoleum paint for the rest of the frame. I did end up painting the rear diff and cover. I think it turned out pretty sweet.
I found out I need rear e-brake cables, but the drums and shoes looked good while I was in there. That's a bonus! Still need to address my front brakes locking up and the pedal sticking down. Plus both front hoses are cracked.
So I also did some research and tackled the dipstick o-rings. Was super easy, took maybe an hour. But I did notice that I also have another leak. Looks like the rear main seal, but I'm going to check uptop and see what else I find.
I still need to change out the front axle u-joints, and diff seals. So I'm thinking I'm going to drop the front diff out, reseal it, new axle seals, and new u-joints. Plus when I'm there I can address the front brakes, and hoses.
So far so good. Making progress.

superpsd

Reaction score
Keep in mind the previous owner may have had that thick crap in the Trans to quiet worn syncros..

davejr

Reaction score
Mine was in worse shape when i got it.Front axle was whooped so i picked up a dana 60 and rebuilt/wirewheeled/painted it for about $1000 total and did the swap in a day since she was my daily at the time.Do they use road salt in Manitoba.

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Found some bad wiring the other day when I was looking for my misfire. Changed out driver front plug cause it was broken, and passenger rear plug cause it was melted. Truck starts and runs great now. IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Well I've been at this truck for sometime and haven't updated the build. I've made great head way. Got it safetied and driving. Fixed all my oil leaks, installed an e-fuel system. I'm loving this truck more and more. Lol.

So I stripped the interior and cleaned everything, pressure washed everything, and it all looks great. Stripped out the factory sound deadener, And installed new thermal barrier. So much quieter.

IMG_1498.JPG

Last edited:

internationalthreat

Reaction score
Great progress on the truck! Looks good, subd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man!! It's coming along.

So I've been gathering parts more then anything lately. Picked up some axles from an 03 F-350 6.0 truck. Hoping to get them checked over in a little bit then put them in. I also picked up a PHP Hydra chip!! Love it so far! I'll get some pictures up asap!!

Latest posts

Members online