E350 Racevan Build

TurboV

Reaction score
If no one has me on facebook or hasnt heard about our Shops work van then here is the write up on this build. In December of 2016 I wanted a 6.0 van to haul motors, heads, parts, etc to and from the shop which is located here in Chenoa, Illinois. I hated having to put motors in the beds of pickups or pallets. I also felt like a van would be funner since they are much lighter (6280lbs to be exact). So i found a Chicago Animal Control van and brought it home for pennies on the dollar with only 103k miles! We put a 4" Turbo back exhaust on it, KC Stage 2 Turbo and ********** Xtreme X tune. With this setup we were running 13.2 at 104mph at the track with a 1.95 60ft and alot of tire spin (videos to come). After a few weeks of this setup the boys got the itch to build it for a local dyno event down in Jacksonville, Illinois. We had some spare parts laying around that we through on. I was also testing Charlies Ball Bearing S369 in my tow truck so we decided to swap turbos and put it in the van. We also put 205/100 in it along with a cam, Thumper 2, Odawg S3r and a 2200 Stall Converter. No tuning changes were done. My goal was to hit 675-700hp on a STOCK TRANS.

On the second pull at the dyno after driving it 3 hours one way we hit 718hp on FUEL!

After we got home i could tell Direct drive was about to go out so we were thinking of rebuilding the trans at the shop after hours. With Wagler Competition coming up we wanted to take the van there in hopes of being TOP FORD. So on Friday the day before the event we pulled the trans and put in a Revmax Overhaul kit for a 5R110. Finished it up about 10pm that night and took it for a spin. The difference was AMAZING!!!! I drove it for about 20 minutes that night and took it home. We then drove to Indiana which was about 3-4 hours one way. We came home with Top ford that day. we made 775-800 on fuel and 1200hp ghetto fogging it.

Fast forward a few weeks later:

Had our own dyno event and had Dans Diesel Reality Check come down. We put down 775 on fuel and 911hp with just a little spray (didnt spray much since we were doing dirt drags).

Currently as of 7/18/2017:

We have been on 4 different dynos in the past few months and all have been 760-800 on fuel 900-1100 on spray. We have DAILY DRIVING this setup 800-1000 miles PER WEEK!!! We still haul motors, heads, parts runner, etc with the van. Plan for this month is to put one of Charlies VGT Ball Bearing turbos on it and run 7.70 index for Schieds. Then after testing we will go to a 300/150 conventional with a ball bearing S475 Turbo from Stainless Diesel.

TurboV

Reaction score
Currently the fast pass in the van with ONLY Nitto 420s on the rear has been 12.2 at 114 with a 2.2 60ft and 20psi of fuel pressure (melted the wiring harness that day). We plan on going back when we have traction i.e. Slicks....

TurboV

Reaction score
photo.php

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
stock bottom end?

thats nut... Id figured with the high idle hours that thing wouldnt last that long

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
This sounds like a cool build. Need to paint free candy on the side though... :lookaround:

TurboV

Reaction score
Thing is though with it being a Chicago Animal Control van it couldn't idle lol. So it has no hours on it.

TurboV

Reaction score
I'm trying to load pictures of the motors and the build but it isnt working. Charlies Ball Bearing S369 has been killing it with this setup. Im ready to try out one of his big VGT turbos and see how far we can push it. The same injectors made 615 with a stock trans, stock intake manifold, SXE S363, Stock HPOP, and stock cam. Having the cam, S3R and thumper 2 really is bringing a whole new meaning to making more power with less.

Latest posts

Members online