2016 Upfitter wiring questions

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I've got a couple questions about adding accessories to my upfitter switches in my 2016 f350 towboss that I just got. I've searched here and watched a lot of youtube videos but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to wire my transfer tank onto my #4 switch but I don't want to bring the wire into the cab, I've been trying to find the pass through wires under the hood but I'm not having any luck. Are they the same color wires as under the dash? The wires I found under the hood don't have any power to them. Once I get the transfer tank wired up I would like to hook up my factory reverse lights to another switch, does anyone have any info on how to do that? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Thank you for the link! What color are the pass through wires?
With the reverse lights I want to add them to a switch so I can turn them on and don't have to leave the truck in reverse with the brake set. It will come in handy opening gates and hooking up to trailers at night.

Edit: I believe I found the pass through wires, brown w/white, gray w/orange, white and white w/orange. Now I just need to find a good tap for the reverse lights.

Last edited:

Ciras

Reaction score
You would need to splice a switched power source into the reverse light wire. That is, connect a power wire from the upfitter switch to the reverse light power feed.

I strongly recommend that you do not do this. The truck is CANBUS controlled. Back feeding power to the Body Control Module will likely cause problems.

Install additional lighting for this task.

The pass through are on the drivers side adjacent to the brake booster and fuse box. The colors may match that of the upfitter switch wiring; I do not recall for certian.

You probably all ready located them. Just check for continuity with the ends inside the cab.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Would adding a diode prevent back feeding? I've seen people run their factory reverse lights off the upfitter switches so there must be some way to do it without hurting anything. Eventually I plan to run some sort of rigids out back, I just haven't decided what I want yet.

Latest posts

Members online