What welding hood do you have

nwpastroker

Reaction score
I have a miller digital elite that I love for clarity with the green tint, and now with the updated head gear, it's more comfortable as well.
Also run a Jackson nextgen. I don't care for the purple tint, but I enjoy the extra coverage around the ears and neck compared to the miller. I primarily use this hood for carbon arc gouging due to it's coverage and large field of view for when you're shoved in a sh*thole to cut stuff loose.
I have heard great things on speedglas, and when one of those 2 dies I will probably try one

Zmann

Reaction score
I bought a new ARC ONE I do not recommend them

customer service sucks and they require you to rip the helmet apart to find a tiny buried serial number so you can register it for warranty

my damn harbor freight auto dark has been abused to no end and always works

My ARC ONE was fubared when I bought it ( demo)

I wanted to upgrade because I was worried about my eyes but after reading many threads like this the HF is fine for most hobbyist like Me

moose99psd

Reaction score
only hood i trust my eyes to is miller.. welding is my living so if i cant see i dont make money... ive got 3 digital elites and a single shade #10 as a back up.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I have a tsc auto darking helmet. It works good for home use. A friend has higher end miller and it is excellent. Much more comfortable. That would be where I'd lean to if I was doing it more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
had this one for about 8 years now...hasn't failed me yet...

Miller elite

536149.jpg

MossBack

Reaction score
rugyrade.jpg

3m forced air hardhat and welding hood combo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

tmillburg

Reaction score
miller digital elite. head gear is great. viewing area is perfect. and i love the 4 arc sensors