Contribution balance cylinder #7

atc500

Reaction score
Just did studs one at a time dummy plugs stand pipes ,updated STC fitting and an egr ****** on a 2005 and now injector in cylinder 7 isn’t firing it passes a buzz test fine ficm was recently redone I double checked it and the harness truck has 63k Miles is it possible the lack of oil from draining the pump and rails wiped the injector out? I’m stumped on where to go from here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petro

Reaction score
Unplug that Injector and check the pins on both the male a female sides of the plug. Sometimes they can be pushed in and cause issues. I've seen that happen more than once. If it ran fine before, it's more than likely an electrical issue somewhere.

Last edited:

atc500

Reaction score
Unplug that Injector and check the pins on both the male a female sides of the plug. Sometimes they can be pushed in and cause issues. I've seen that happen more than once. If it ran fine before, it's more than likely an electrical issue somewhere.

I tried that and both plug and prongs looked fine I even tried switching #7 plug with #5 and no change still missing even swapped out the injector harness with a spare and throws the same code

Petro

Reaction score
Well if you did all that and it's still missing on the same cylinder, that Injector probably sh!t the bed.

webb06

Reaction score
You sure it’s not mechanical? Like a push rod popped out or a bridge isn’t fully seated?

atc500

Reaction score
You sure it’s not mechanical? Like a push rod popped out or a bridge isn’t fully seated?

I don’t see how they were never pulled

Petro

Reaction score
Swap #7 Injector with #5 and see if the miss follows. That will give you a definite answer weather it's the Injector or electrical.

atc500

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know I pulled the #7 injector and the spool valve had a piece of plastic jammed in it looks like a piece of clip from injector but we never pulled them so not sure how it got there but she’s up and running now Thanks for the input

ab6bee8d949621702c37a7fd825914d8.jpg
030ab2f0b2be4eee83d21a03044e02b5.jpg

Latest posts

Members online