04 6.0 High EOT's

kersey1999

Reaction score
Guys,

The problems continue. 04 F250 6.0L. ******d EGR cooler, New Ford Oil Cooler, Added External Coolant Filter, New Coolant Degas Bottle, New Stand pipes and Dummy plugs. ECT is 188-190 Max, EOT is reaching 212-215 Max. Delta is concerning to me. Any suggestions? I would like to see deltas back around 5-10....

Fan Clutch? Water Pump? Thermostat? Grasping for straws at this point! Tired of throwing money at this truck just want the solution so I can get my boat to the coast!

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
were the delta's that far apart as soon as you did the oil cooler ?
and you 100% sure it is an OEM Ford cooler ?

are you doing the delta test per ford spec ?

Last edited:

kersey1999

Reaction score
Ran the truck tonight and had the Torque Pro App monitoring real time activities. Got EOT to 208 and the fan speed never changed. Stayed right around 520 rpm, is there a way to check the fan to see if it is getting the signal to engage and that my fan clutch is truly not engaging?

Lipka101

Reaction score
Ran the truck tonight and had the Torque Pro App monitoring real time activities. Got EOT to 208 and the fan speed never changed. Stayed right around 520 rpm, is there a way to check the fan to see if it is getting the signal to engage and that my fan clutch is truly not engaging?
What was the ect?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

kersey1999

Reaction score
Ok update. Just flushed the whole system, remove thermostat, plug on driver's side of block, cap on oil cooler and heater core lines. Flushed everything for nearly 3-4 hours, heater core had the most crap in it. Some in my new radiator and little debris back flushed from the oil cooler.
A bit disappointed in the shop that had put the radiator in and told me that they flushed the system.
After flushing I added "Dawn" dish washing fluid and ran until warm, flushed again for roughly an hour. Filled with distilled water, ran until warm, drained added coolant and distilled water. New thermostat, just got home on 25 mile interstate run......6.8 degree Delta. Time consuming as heck, but feel so much better driving it now than I did before.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Jtreece

Reaction score
so what were your deltas after your 25 mile interstate run? think I might be having the same issue. new radiator, tstat, oil cooler, sensor and bypass filters (oil/coolant). mine are ect 206 and eot 210-212. I don't want it running that warm. it use to run right at 192

Zeb

Reaction score
Where did the thermostat and radiator come from? If not Motorcraft pieces, spend $30 on a Motorcraft thermostat before doing anything else.

Latest posts

Members online