Wiring harness failure

baronsomedi

Reaction score
I have a 2004 6.0 118,xxx miles. This morning I was leaving for work and my truck turned over a few extra times than normal. Brushed it off. But I drive a 1/4 mile and it shuts off. I check my bully dog and I have 2 codes for injector pressure sensor and 2 codes for cam position sensor. I've deduced the wiring harness is grounded out. Are there any typical places I could check first to make my search shorter?

Let me know if any additional information is needed as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
You probably have a high pressure oil leak. Excessive cranking can cause a cam sensor code. Not to say you dont have a problem elsewhere.

baronsomedi

Reaction score
While driving it would lunge and then lose power a couple of times before it died.

baronsomedi

Reaction score
Where would I look for the high pressure oil leak

baronsomedi

Reaction score
Also it would idle beautifully. It wouldn't start acting up until the truck was moving and vibrating.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Is it an early build or a late build motor? If its an early build, chances are the icp sensor is leaking internally and has shorted the pigtail. That will cause the icp codes ans well as a long crank, which would set cam and crank codes.

Jtreece

Reaction score
just went through the same exact issue! found a couple things that could of done it.
1 - pull your stock oil filter and check the return tube ( the black plastic one in the middle of the housing) if it is missing the center nipple that could cause an issue.
2 - I replaced my injector wiring harness that plugs into the PCM.

that fixed my issue as of now. 1 other thing is check the pigtail that connects to the solenoid on the turbo I replaced that crappy worn out one with a new one.

Latest posts

Members online