Replaced injector, still blowing white smoke

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
My friends truck was acting up, rough idle, loss of power, surging at 50mph, long story short, injector #8 was bad; I replaced it and spun the crank by hand about 7 rounds to blow out head as best as I could. Problem is its still running rough and blowing white smoke, my question is could it still be trying to clear the head out, thus the rough idle and white smoke? Is this normal after injector replacement on a 7.3? Thanks guys

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
At idle it smokes lightly, while driving @ about 50% throttle and above the white smoke is very heavy. Yes it has a prevalent diesel smell.

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
Like I said not my truck I'm just helping a friend out, he might have put 20 miles on it since, he said he hasn't been driving it because its still doing the same thing as before the injector was replaced

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
Sorry to pull up old thread but the truck is in the shop now. I don't know where my friend bought the injector from. The truck got worst after the new injector and won't hardly start. I pulled it to the shop for him monday, out of my league now.

Latest posts

Members online