Sound Deadening

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know this has been touched on recently and I wanted to see where everyone gets theirs from and what you prefer (the smaller squares or rolls) and what brands you do and do not like. I am lookin at doing fat mat on the doors and then maybe raamaudio ensolite on the pillars. Any thoughts?

jdc753

Reaction score
Sounds like you are on the right track, its been forever but I forget what the benefits are to the sheets vs the rolls, but most of the "higher end" dampeners will come by the sheet vs the roll.

Read up on Rich's link and also I made a post down here, http://www.powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808

that covers a bunch of the various brands out there as well as a cost break down. I am thinking of making a big write up fact sheet and how to for deadening that could be a sticky somewhere since it seems to have been talked about a lot lately. Just kinda cover the brands and post their key specs and pricing for a 1 stop shopping kinda deal.

BMac

Reaction score
Sounds like you are on the right track, its been forever but I forget what the benefits are to the sheets vs the rolls, but most of the "higher end" dampeners will come by the sheet vs the roll.

Read up on Rich's link and also I made a post down here, http://www.powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808

that covers a bunch of the various brands out there as well as a cost break down. I am thinking of making a big write up fact sheet and how to for deadening that could be a sticky somewhere since it seems to have been talked about a lot lately. Just kinda cover the brands and post their key specs and pricing for a 1 stop shopping kinda deal.

I think that's a good idea...it'll save me the leg work of figuring out what i'm going to use :D

jdgleason

Reaction score
Thanks fellas! Good info and I have a lot of research to do. My goal is to really cut down tire noise and road noise. Will doing the doors and back wall be sufficient?

Tom S

Reaction score
I found the less expensive product worked OK for the easy access areas but was glad I also bought some more expensive stuff for the hard places like inside the doors.

Layson

Reaction score
I bet I had 250-300 bucks into the entire cab minus firewall and headliner. Rammat bxt with ensolite.

worldwide73

Reaction score
I did my floors and back of cab. Made a big difference. My dad was riding with me and I rolled the windows and he said how quiet it was. I didn't tell him I did anything to the truck. I need to do the the doors, under hood, and firewall next.

Latest posts

Members online