Tighter steering after lift/level

one2nine

Reaction score
So I added 2.5” coils a few months ago along with alignment shims and a dual stabilizer. The trucks just still seems to be hypersensitive to road input and want to wander at times. Alignment is good. Caster is close the 4* which is about all I can get without adjustable arms. I ordered a hd drag Link and am trying a different stabilzer setup. Track bar just has a drop bracket. Any input on getting less road input and tightening the steering up?

sootie

Reaction score
Back the caster off about 3/4 of a degree. I had the same issue when I lowered my truck and it increased the caster too much

sootie

Reaction score
That was the first think I did/checked. I don’t have any play in the wheel, it just likes to wander and feels sloppy on the road. Iirc doesn’t the lower track bar bolt torque to 400 ft lbs or somewhere close to that?

upper is 405

Reaction score
I know it is more than your standard torque wrench. I thought it was up there but I believe when I read the ready lift drop bracket instructions it said like 250.

After not getting it right on my first truck and weird driving characteristics I now just use a 4, cheater bar and get it as tight as I can. Have hot had an issue with that method yet.

joec410

Reaction score
So I added 2.5” coils a few months ago along with alignment shims and a dual stabilizer. The trucks just still seems to be hypersensitive to road input and want to wander at times. Alignment is good. Caster is close the 4* which is about all I can get without adjustable arms. I ordered a hd drag Link and am trying a different stabilzer setup. Track bar just has a drop bracket. Any input on getting less road input and tightening the steering up?

Did you ever get the road input figured out?

Latest posts

Members online