Upper rad hose question

jordysoso

Reaction score
My upper rad hose is leaking at t stat housing oring. I have to switch to the new hose. I literally just did a flush and fill with cat ELC. Do I have to drain my coolant to swap the hose out? I also am d'leted so no e-gr coolers to get in the way. If I don't drain the coolant how much will I expect to lose upon disconnection?

2. Does the rad hose come with the o-rings ready to snap in or do I need to buy anything else?

3. Will I have to burp cooling system or does the air self purge?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Take the coolant down a gallon. Would be good time to change tstats too if they've never been done. Hose is ready to plug and play.

I always vacuum fill systems no matter what.

option2

Reaction score
I personally would, you're going to be right there and have 2/3 of the job done so why not replace your hi and low g-stats? They're cheap and itll give you piece of mind

jordysoso

Reaction score
Nvm they changed the page and took the extra o ring seals off. Parts are on the way! Anyone ever heard of using a shopvac to create a vacuum and get air out?

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
I use a simple rad vac system that uses compressed air. There are some decent cheap ones on Amazon you can get if you are only going to use it once or twice. Works well, completely pulls the air out of the system and makes the fills super easy.

Latest posts

Members online