Cab light seals

bigastrk

Reaction score
I know there has been a bit of talk about the cab lights leaking. Mine did not but I have pulled them off to wrap the roof in vinyl and now will need to seal them. Has anyone used anything better than the cheesy foam ford uses to seal them? I am thinking the 3m sealant used for windshields and windows.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I used the black RTV gasket maker in the caulking tube . Use just enough and it will seal without oozing out and if you ever need to remove them they wont be permanently bonded to the roof .

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
I know 3M also makes a black type strip sealant. It sticks well so it stays in place, but can easily peel off in the future if needed. Easy to use and lasts a long time. Used that on my 2004 F150 where my cab would leak every time it rained. The owner of a local custom audio shop recommended it. If I still have the original box I will take a picture for you. Or maybe one of the auto body guys can chime in with the exact name.

bigastrk

Reaction score
I would appreciate the name of that 3M stuff if possible. I have been on their website but they have way too many options to try and choose from.

Latest posts

Members online