coolant in oil

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
help me pin point this issue, story is 08 f250 losing coolant into oil. long story short, came back from a three month hitch offshore truck was losing coolant. in the process of pin pointing where it was going i got it to puke out the degas bottle, and discovered coolant in the oil. Steam out of the oil fill and residue on the cap, no visable leaks. So i brought the truck in for head studs and gaskets. on getting the truck back and driving a day or so did the ol once over and still had the coolant loss issue. shop tested cooling system and holds pressure, said truck doesn't lose coolant at light driving but under hard driving will lose coolant. there solutions are De tune the truck, add coolant after driving hard, or fire ring/O ring heads. just wondering if anyone has any insight on this coolant loss under high load/boost . oil cooler was replaced when studs were installed. also have recently replaced front cover with updated version.
Thanks and fire away.

Lipka101

Reaction score
My first thought was the front cover..... I would pull the water pump and have a look see but its probably a cracked block.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
front cover is new, anyone know of the probability of a cracked block pre head stud install? as this was happening before i had them installed .

Shafer171

Reaction score
I’d say cracked block as well. Pull the valve covers and put air pressure to the coolant system if it’s cracked in the stud gallies you will see it.

Latest posts

Members online