My s475 winter project

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Well i decided to go big and try a 75mm and is if dorsnt work ill downsize but for now we shall see. MPD is building a s475(75/83/.90) kit for me as we speak. what injectors would be a good match I was thinking 300/150s or 285/150s hybrids. I have nitrous and might spray a little if I'm feeling lucky with stock bottom end lol. I paid for it so might as well use it. I am open to suggestions on what else I should do such as what stall would help spool up it use a small jet to get it spooled.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Yea I've looked into the dieselsite pump I was going to see if I could hold icp with the stock pump. An then if not switch. I've been told it would and it wouldn't so trial and error I guess over winter. Would I need and more fuel upgrades.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You're not going to hold ICP on a stock pump with injectors of that size. It's already questionable with 225's... with hybrids you may be ok, but then you give up some injection pressure. In an ideal world (at least in my eyes) I would run conventional injectors of your size, with an upgraded or dual HPOP's. Maintain ICP, and have a higher injection pressure (runs cleaner, burns more fuel, more power etc, though it hasn't really been "proven" I guess). Given the options present, the 300's sound fun.

Power goals for this project? What is the truck going to be used for?

What's your fuel system consist of currently?

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Yes they would be hybrids. I have a airdog II 165 reg return feeding directly into heads. Truck only gets driven on weekends and at the track I tow absolutely zero with this truck. I know it will be bad on the streets. My goal is 750 on fuel.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Ditch that AD2 as soon as possible and put a quality fuel system on it. Those things can't even keep themselves together feeding stock injectors.

I'd do a sump, filters of your choice, a fuelab pump, feeding direct to the heads and a quality regulated return like Strictly Diesels.

Then, upgrade injectors.

If you have the fuel system for it, and the high pressure oil you shouldn't need hybrids, but it does seem that hybrids have come a long way in the 6.0 world. A few years ago, they were never really ideal for a daily driver of any type as fuel in the oil was a huge issue. I believe some may have overcome that, but you'll really want to talk this over with your injector builder (assuming MPD is build them?)

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'd go with MPD for the injectors and get conventionals if it was me, just my opinion.

Look into an A1000 or fuelab (I prefer fuelab because they're a brushless design).

Just realized you already have a regulated return too. Who built the transmission? Is there a power goal in mind, or just whatever it hits? Worried about the bottom end at all? What about valve train? May not hurt to go with a cam and some valve springs/pushrods on this setup.

Reaction score
Strokethis_06 is running a s475 and 285 or 275/150 truck pulls like crazy once it lights. He has also proven this setup to be very streatable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
I'd go with MPD for the injectors and get conventionals if it was me, just my opinion.

Look into an A1000 or fuelab (I prefer fuelab because they're a brushless design).

Just realized you already have a regulated return too. Who built the transmission? Is there a power goal in mind, or just whatever it hits? Worried about the bottom end at all? What about valve train? May not hurt to go with a cam and some valve springs/pushrods on this setup.

Power wise 750 hopefully am yea I'm worried about te bottom end but if it breaks it breaks then I'll make it stronger. And then I'll do cam etc.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score

Trans was sent to suncoast to be built. What about converter stall where would be good to set it at

Mdub707

Reaction score
Probably going to need a pretty loose converter to help light that big single... not sure on a solid number to give you though, might have to experiment with that. Just go with a good converter like a PI, or one of the billet RCD units.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
I have a 2000 stall now see how that does I know it probably won't spool but I'll put a little jet in to help it along. Thanks for your help I'll update and let you know how it does.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The stall will change as power increases too. It wont always be 2000. I believe more power will make it a higher stall essentially, though I'm not sure how much it changes. Try it and see.

STROKER

Reaction score
Im running RCD 285/150 hybrids and my s472 doesnt begin to clean up the injectors. It also lights fairly quick and is definitely streetable with my 2800 stall converter

Latest posts

Members online