Craig@MFI

Reaction score
appears the 15 turbos have a little bit of back pressure issues

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414073241786.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414073241786.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 657
Reaction score
Dang, that really sucks to see. I was hoping the 15 turbos were going to keep these engines still in the safe range for the rods. I was considering going this route. What tuning were you running and was it modified for the 15 turbo? Is it a completely stock 15 turbo?

Reaction score
Well, that is no surprise. Hp is not the problem, hell they blew rods out with 11 chargers at 450hp..... It all comes down to tuning......

I'm sure tuning, a small vgt turbo and low end fueling have a lot to do with it..... Pull fuel out of the bottom, tuned accordingly and a gate, no worries.

sootie

Reaction score
Dang, that really sucks to see. I was hoping the 15 turbos were going to keep these engines still in the safe range for the rods. I was considering going this route. What tuning were you running and was it modified for the 15 turbo? Is it a completely stock 15 turbo?

the dual pumps are the major contributing factor...

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
So you need to basically tune a vgt to be laggy for these engines to last? If that's the case people should just upgrade to non vgt and use the full potential to a turbo not wastegate around a turbo just to make a motor live makes no sense

Reaction score
So you need to basically tune a vgt to be laggy for these engines to last? If that's the case people should just upgrade to non vgt and use the full potential to a turbo not wastegate around a turbo just to make a motor live makes no sense

My thoughts exactly. I think if you want more power on stock fuel then a 2015 is great, but for a full potential 6.7 without rods stick with a single kit

under construction

Reaction score
I think it is like Morgan said. These are the same issues that we went through with the 7.3's quite a few years back. A gate on the charger and less fuel demanded down low and problem solved. More testing and tuning and time will tell, but I feel like it is the same issue as the 7.3's all over again. Only with greater fueling and HP potential in the end.

Latest posts

Members online