Possible to add Tow Command to a 2008 F-250 Lariat

rray37375

Reaction score
I seem to remember that the Tow Command controller can be added after the factory with the installation of the controller and an updated brake master cylinder. There used to be a kit sold by a now defunct Ford dealer so I can't get that kit from them. Does anyone have an idea as to how I can do this? I know the dealer has to refresh the PCM to update the parameters so the PCM recognizes the Tow Command module, looking for any help as my new to me 2008 F-250 only has a aftermarket electric brake controller and I want a Tow Command controller.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Working on this myself, picked up the TBC used in town and got a master cylinder off a wrecked truck just outside of town, now I just got to get the master cyl. installed. The truck fires up the TBC controller and cycles through, but I'm assuming doesn't see that second sensor and shuts off, I will know for sure if the programming is enabled or disabled once I have that master on then I can have them turn on the fogs at the same time.

Harness for the controller is in the dash, don't need anything there.
Second sensor wire for master is on the same harness loom as your current sensor, stand on your tire and look straight down and you should see it somewhere in there.

EDIT: It was an option for a Lariat?? Wierd! Mine is XL so I assumed I wouldn't have it but have seen it on other XL's. I would have thought it would be standard on a lariat.