Dash swap

Duckdawg

Reaction score
Does anybody know how hard and or expensive it would be to swap out the radio and AC/heat controls of a 2011 ccsb kr to the factory touch screen/nav radio like this
8f8f43ab07ee6ece59bbf9876ba250b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truckman1974

Reaction score
I've asked that in another thread also (that didn't get answered). I am curious to this as well....... Doesn't SEEM like it'd be too bad as it just looks like the center console piece and controls, but what is lurking behind there that we're not thinking about (brain to the nav, radio, etc...)

stangbang

Reaction score
I think it would be worse than it looks. The factory amp wiring is totally different from the 2011 trucks. Not to mention the whole upper dash is different along with the trim pieces.

stangbang

Reaction score
I have it and I can tell you it's cool, but not that cool. I'd look into the Kenwood or alpine in dash nav units

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Agreed^^
My dad has a 13 and when I first drove it the dash made my truck feel outdated. However dumb that sounds. But after about the 5th time I drove it, I'm completely fine with my 11' not having it.
If I was really wanting the touch screen/nav I would be looking aftermarket. To each their own. Would be cool if you swapped it without much trouble though.

azdbllung

Reaction score
Agreed^^
My dad has a 13 and when I first drove it the dash made my truck feel outdated. However dumb that sounds. But after about the 5th time I drove it, I'm completely fine with my 11' not having it.
If I was really wanting the touch screen/nav I would be looking aftermarket. To each their own. Would be cool if you swapped it without much trouble though.

Dang...i guess ill be looking aftermarket. I want Garmin Nav tho.

Latest posts

Members online