2015 turbo plus dual fuelers eguals....

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
just dont run dual fuelers on a stock application turbo. simple.

there is not one single issue doing a 2015 retro on an 11-14 truck. i dont why people are getting scared.

Hype, melodramatic hype.

A truck that wasn't prepared for the set up popped having the hell ran out of it.

I've now beat the hell out of my 15 charger for 3000 miles, and it loves it.

Don't. Drink. The. Koolaid.

jcain

Reaction score
Hype, melodramatic hype.

A truck that wasn't prepared for the set up popped having the hell ran out of it.

I've now beat the hell out of my 15 charger for 3000 miles, and it loves it.

Don't. Drink. The. Koolaid.

Thus me asking the no frills question. It was mostly directed at the OP.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Keep in mind also the dual fuel system does not provide any more fuel in the lower rpm range then what is commanded by a stock fuel table. The only time the dual fuel pump come's into play is at wide open throttle in the upper rpm range. The dual pump system has nothing to do with cylinder pressure's in the engine, it's all in the tuning and back pressure.

Reaction score
Keep in mind also the dual fuel system does not provide any more fuel in the lower rpm range then what is commanded by a stock fuel table. The only time the dual fuel pump come's into play is at wide open throttle in the upper rpm range. The dual pump system has nothing to do with cylinder pressure's in the engine, it's all in the tuning and back pressure.

Yes I think people are tying in the dual pumps as the problem. Dual pumps may add the capability, but they did not cause it. The tuning allowed for copious amounts of low end fueling and boost that when un-restricted will cause lower end damage. Having the added fuel is one thing, using it improperly is another.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

You could have said this on pg 1 dik.

RedRice589

Reaction score
So what happens if my '15 turbo grenades my motor ...... ? I mean I'm cooking close to 22k miles on it... And it to the floor with 18k behind it on 6% grades.....

Oh that's right I guess Dallas would have grenaded his truck with his add a 475 or whatever he had ...... A lot of crap being thrown for nothing.

I think the points being missed that motors grenade within 1k miles of leaving the lot. My families grenaded them all.

I believe several motors were grenaded with early tuning on the H&S platform and regular driver abuse. IMO it's just one of those things. I don't think BigRPower will point a finger at MPD or elite even if he grenades it right out of the lot... You take that risk. We all do. Too many stones in a basket to pick one..

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
Is this the motor that ate a turbo right before getting the 15 turbo upgrade? I'm just hearing about this. Also if it is the same truck it kicked the rods out at 1/4 throttle according to the shop? I'm thinking that the damage was done before the 15 turbo went on. But, the shop never got back to me with the turbo's behavior at part throttle, so I have no idea how it acted.

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
Matt I have tested your most aggressive tunes I made you make for me when I was running a stock turbo with Dual Fuel. Again when I was running a large VGT and again with an non VGT and have never had a EBP issue. Never had a EBP over 60 lbs with any tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordPSD64

Reaction score
just dont run dual fuelers on a stock application turbo. simple.

there is not one single issue doing a 2015 retro on an 11-14 truck. i dont why people are getting scared.

sounds more like bad tuning to me. kinda like everyone said up there. if you tune these trucks like an lb7 with progressive fueling down low in the rpm range the rods will last a lot longer. the rods are capable of more hp but just not in the low end where you're producing more tq.

Gearhead

Reaction score
sounds more like bad tuning to me. kinda like everyone said up there. if you tune these trucks like an lb7 with progressive fueling down low in the rpm range the rods will last a lot longer. the rods are capable of more hp but just not in the low end where you're producing more tq.

My tuning does that.... I think this particular truck had an underlying issue.

jcain

Reaction score
So let's stop being coy here.

What were the mods on the truck? ie duel fuel, intake, exhaust?

What is the configuration of the truck? ie ccsb 4x4 6" lift on 37" mud tires with 3.31 gears

What was the scenario in which the truck let go? ie 4x4 boosted launch on the track on performance setting after repeated abuse

I'd just like to decide for myself if this owner/operator perpetuated the outcome or if there is a reasonable concern for normal users

Guess the OP didn't feel the need to elaborate on the original propaganda post..

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
My tuning does that.... I think this particular truck had an underlying issue.
Ding ding because the truck had dual fuelers put on and the 15 turbo at the same time...This thread was not started to become a pissing match but to just show what happened you don't see many of these motors chuck rods with big singles or even smaller singles

50_shooter

Reaction score
Guess the OP didn't feel the need to elaborate on the original propaganda post..

Why is it propaganda? It obviously happened. I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but I'm glad it was posted. I don't think the message was "don't buy a 15 kit from so and so", like some are taking it. I get it that people stand to lose sales from bad publicity, but in my opinion if you got the balls to dual fuel your truck, you better be prepared to buy a motor in a worse case scenario situation. If you cant afford to do that, dont df it. If you do and it blows up, you cant blame it on anybody else. you pay to play.

jcain

Reaction score
it's purely propaganda.
1. information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Clearly this truck wasn't just a normal person wanting to swap from the notoriously faulty 11-14 turbo to a 2015 turbo. This truck was a spartan tuned and abused truck, that just chucked a stock turbo. Then upgraded to dual fuel and a 2015 turbo and new tuning and **** a rod out. I'll stack my chips on the "abused" place-holder.
That, is why the OP was propaganda.

Reaction score
Ding ding because the truck had dual fuelers put on and the 15 turbo at the same time...This thread was not started to become a pissing match but to just show what happened you don't see many of these motors chuck rods with big singles or even smaller singles

But, we can rule out the dual fueler as it doesn't cause the problem. The turbos work fine. Have lots out there some with a lot of abuse towing and beating on them. One guy has 20k miles on one of our billet 15 kits already. And I can guarantee you I'm making more power with a 2015 turbo than the truck in the op did. I've got 13k on mine and I just towed 27,500# 8 hours with a 64mm version. Once again, just because it's a 15 turbo, that is not the cause. I'm not saying that Matt's tuning is bad. But I can guarantee you the truck was beat before, and then the tuning did not have to proper time to be tweaked to be safe with this new combo. Full fuel and I bet the owner did not look at BP, or any other precautionary measure. He just got in it, saw smoke and flogged the sh*t out of it which conveniently landed rods all over the road for him.

Sooo, in the end. Don't do dual fuelers with a STOCK 2015 charger with a big tune, no gate and drive it like you have no cares..... Same could be said for a lot of things.

Reaction score
In closing. Had the truck been able to be live tuned and kept in the safe zone, it would have been fine. But, with a dual fueler and tuning that has more pw, you are WAY overrunning that STOCK turbo. You can't push 650hp worth of fuel through a 525 hp charger. That's just all their is to it. Pull pw back to just a little over what it had with single pump tunes. Check that pressures are in a safe area keep the low end fueling clean and that is about all you can do.

Dual fuel is way overkill for a stock 15 charger. We made 500 on stock fuel and about 525 or so is all the stock 15 charger is good for, so you can see how it easily could have (and most likely was given the outcome) been grossly overrun. Thus causing major issues.