Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.4 Aftermarket

Old 01-06-2021, 06:05 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydime View Post
When I ******d my fuel cooler I used the pump and radiator to cool two turbos and it worked fine. This last go around I just tied into the heater core supply line and returned back to the degas bottle thru the unused egr port. Using the heater core lines is much more simple and you no longer have to keep the fuel cooler reservoir.

Yeah thatís what I was saying was to use the pump and rad.. the pump was sufficient enough right? Just thinking how warm the engine coolant is vs the fuel cooler coolant that literally is cool all the time. Just my 0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2021, 07:14 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccafellas View Post
Yeah thatís what I was saying was to use the pump and rad.. the pump was sufficient enough right? Just thinking how warm the engine coolant is vs the fuel cooler coolant that literally is cool all the time. Just my 0.02

It probably maintained 180į or better while the truck was running. No different than the engine coolant.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:24 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydime View Post
It probably maintained 180į or better while the truck was running. No different than the engine coolant.

So the turbo made that much heat? Iím wondering because iím a virgin to coolant fed turbos, so the engine temp makes about 180* when warm
The coolant fed turbo with only the coolant flowing from the aux pump to the front mounted fuel cooler rad back to the turbo makes the same heat? Wild..

Old 01-13-2021, 06:19 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

On a presentation for work about Turbos..and noted they actually use auxiliary pumps. Guess itís more common than we think lol.

Old 01-15-2021, 04:47 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Unbelievable difference. 5x better performance than what I had. Sounds badass too. Very pleased with it.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:48 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_moore View Post
Unbelievable difference. 5x better performance than what I had. Sounds badass too. Very pleased with it.

Can you make a vid if possible? Just for the sound check interested especially if you could do a slight pull would be nice to see how clean the tune is. And the pull, you can tell between stock and modded over a vid surprisingly lol

Only if you can donít get in trouble.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:16 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Can you make a vid if possible? Just for the sound check interested especially if you could do a slight pull would be nice to see how clean the tune is. And the pull, you can tell between stock and modded over a vid surprisingly lol

Only if you can donít get in trouble.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2V7M8Q3nbxo

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZyufG7sof_c
Old 01-17-2021, 12:22 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Tune was can H&S hot damn "stock" setting. Only modification to tune is VGT ******d.

This would have resulted in lots of smoke between every gear with old setup. Now basically clean.

Hotter tunes light harder and faster but the clutch is on last leg. Will be replacing with bigger setup.

It will surge like a mofo if you let out under load...first time I ran it hard clutch slipped and I let off. Reminded of a stock 7.3 turbo surging.

The low load sound is so much different and I enjoy it. Will try to get a clip of that sound you hear more often.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:25 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_moore View Post
Tune was can H&S hot damn "stock" setting. Only modification to tune is VGT ******d.

This would have resulted in lots of smoke between every gear with old setup. Now basically clean.

Hotter tunes light harder and faster but the clutch is on last leg. Will be replacing with bigger setup.

It will surge like a mofo if you let out under load...first time I ran it hard clutch slipped and I let off. Reminded of a stock 7.3 turbo surging.

The low load sound is so much different and I enjoy it. Will try to get a clip of that sound you hear more often.

God does that ever sound amazing man oh man if city driving and my laziness and the drag strip wasnít an issue I would so go for manual transmission. Jesus I love that. Good job man. That whistle is crazy! And what was that gauge you were showing boost?

Old 01-17-2021, 02:06 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
God does that ever sound amazing man oh man if city driving and my laziness and the drag strip wasnít an issue I would so go for manual transmission. Jesus I love that. Good job man. That whistle is crazy! And what was that gauge you were showing boost?

The Snow II controller