Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > General Discussion Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21031  
Old 09-26-2015, 10:52 PM
04cr450's Avatar
04cr450 04cr450 is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: harford county, maryland
Posts: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Doing a full rebuild on a Detroit 12V71. These 2 strokers with twin turbos and blowers are amazing
that engine in a tug? Left or right hand engine - their always fun to convert one or the other lol not...
__________________
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
  #21032  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:24 PM
Dmstrucks02's Avatar
Dmstrucks02 Dmstrucks02 is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 4,174
Default

Saw this gem at the track last night, yes that is a plastic barrel in the back for a stack









Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
__________________
02 CCSB X code leafs with full traction hangers on 35s
Stock motor, stock trans with TransGo valve body mods, Mishimoto trans cooler
Full Force 238/80's, Irate Diesel T4 kit, S366SXE
OUO weld on traction bars
Texas Tuned
5" MBRP
Isspro gauges

Last edited by Dmstrucks02; 09-26-2015 at 11:28 PM.
  #21033  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:41 PM
6speedsd's Avatar
6speedsd 6speedsd is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 3,468
Default

Dafuq! Was he serious, or was that truck sort of a "poke fun at the others" build...?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
2005 F350 2wd CC DRW Lariat

Diamond Eye 5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
WPE RR and Uppipes
  #21034  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:42 PM
6speedsd's Avatar
6speedsd 6speedsd is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 3,468
Default Random picture thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC DEEZUL View Post
Well, I am not a 'flatbill diesel shop' so no it isn't mine



They added the oil... But neglected to tighten some valve cover bolts. Customer hooked up his 5th wheel and headed down the highway. 100 miles later heard a pop and engine shut down. Let's just say it ended up at my door and I was instructed to document and take pictures of every little thing I found wrong... No warranty, this guy was basically told to pound sand, hence why it ended up at my shop and we installed another brand new motor for him... Complete mess... I don't know how people can take their $60k truck to Facebook/Craigslist diesel shops..... But I basically saw oil all way from valve cover down exhaust down frame on tail gate, everywhere.... This is a 6.4 BTW. I drained 2.8 qts from pan



Quality isn't cheap and cheap isn't quality....

Yet another reason why I work on my own chit.... Just because people claim to be a "diesel mechanic" doesn't mean they know what the fuk they are doing.

.....nothing against you bud...that's a jab at the "flatbill diesel shop"


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
2005 F350 2wd CC DRW Lariat

Diamond Eye 5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
WPE RR and Uppipes

Last edited by 6speedsd; 09-26-2015 at 11:44 PM.
  #21035  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Jomax's Avatar
Jomax Jomax is offline
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmstrucks02 View Post
Saw this gem at the track last night, yes that is a plastic barrel in the back for a stack









Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
. Love the paint job on the wheels.... ever hear of tape?

That truck as fail written all over it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 F-250 KR CCSB 4x4- 4400 coils, rear block removal, 20x10 novakanes, nitto 420s, king shocks, OUO traction bars, 5in Alum Driveshaft.
  #21036  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Dmstrucks02's Avatar
Dmstrucks02 Dmstrucks02 is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 4,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedsd View Post
Dafuq! Was he serious, or was that truck sort of a "poke fun at the others" build...?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thought it was a joke too but I don't know, he was easin up to the line putting it in neutral and reving the piss out of it lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
. Love the paint job on the wheels.... ever hear of tape?

That truck as fail written all over it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Man the paint on rims lol. The whole thing was a pile, front bumper was off a dodge haha cool kids, I talked to them for a little while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
__________________
02 CCSB X code leafs with full traction hangers on 35s
Stock motor, stock trans with TransGo valve body mods, Mishimoto trans cooler
Full Force 238/80's, Irate Diesel T4 kit, S366SXE
OUO weld on traction bars
Texas Tuned
5" MBRP
Isspro gauges
  #21037  
Old 09-27-2015, 06:50 AM
psduser1's Avatar
psduser1 psduser1 is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: on the road
Posts: 3,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC DEEZUL View Post
Well, I am not a 'flatbill diesel shop' so no it isn't mine

They added the oil... But neglected to tighten some valve cover bolts. Customer hooked up his 5th wheel and headed down the highway. 100 miles later heard a pop and engine shut down. Let's just say it ended up at my door and I was instructed to document and take pictures of every little thing I found wrong... No warranty, this guy was basically told to pound sand, hence why it ended up at my shop and we installed another brand new motor for him... Complete mess... I don't know how people can take their $60k truck to Facebook/Craigslist diesel shops..... But I basically saw oil all way from valve cover down exhaust down frame on tail gate, everywhere.... This is a 6.4 BTW. I drained 2.8 qts from pan

Quality isn't cheap and cheap isn't quality....
Glad you could help them out!
The last line says it all.
__________________
2000 f250 zf6, air, oil, fuel mods, flatbed dual dana 80
Almost stock
2001 f250 same setup as the 2000, auto trans
2002 with a couple of mods, grocerygetter
  #21038  
Old 09-27-2015, 06:58 AM
CTC DEEZUL's Avatar
CTC DEEZUL CTC DEEZUL is offline
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NWI
Posts: 5,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psduser1 View Post
Glad you could help them out!
The last line says it all.
Yes sir... We get stroked all the time for big jobs that the flat Bills end up getting cause they are charging half on labor since little to no over head. Their working out of basic skeleton rental buildings, some even storage unit type deals. They have scary big tough names and plaster their stickers all over trucks... We really need another good recession so they can all close up and tuck tail
__________________
Teamsters Local 444- Rolling Coal United
  #21039  
Old 09-27-2015, 08:33 AM
America America is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Texas city, TX
Posts: 31
Default

04cr450 it is in a old reaserch vessel that is getting converted to a yacht. I love rich retired people I swear haha
  #21040  
Old 09-27-2015, 09:43 AM
04cr450's Avatar
04cr450 04cr450 is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: harford county, maryland
Posts: 1,792
Default

Gotcha. My family owns a tugboat company and the one tug they have has 2 of those Detroit's in them. Lots of experience with them rebuilding them etc next to my dad.
__________________
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 PM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd