Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.4 Aftermarket

Old 12-30-2020, 07:15 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default GT4094R water cooling

Does anyone have this setup? If so how did you tie in to cooling system for the chra?

I have searched up nothing on a 6.4 w/ 4094R

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:36 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Tap into the heater coore lines

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2020, 09:16 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I would personally try and tap into the fuel cooler lines, I donít know the pressure needed but assuming the auxiliary pump is capable youíd have MUCH cooler coolant if using the auxiliary to fuel cooler coolant, if you still have your fuel cooler, if not then use the auxiliary pump itself as a stand alone for the turbo, and custom make your own reservoir. What kind of setup you running with that turbo? And whatís the AR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2020, 11:37 AM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

IMO. No way the fuel cooler pump has the capacity to do both duties. IF it were to cause the pump to fail it would cause issues on many levels at that point.

97 cc/sb- zf-5- Work in progress. PMF rsk w/ SD axles. 66 turbo, E fuel, 230/100s. SB DD clutch.

08 cc/sb - Elite bottom end - 2 fuelers, 59vgt/78atmo, Midwest 100% nozzles and coated heads etc....

www.teddavisautos.com

Many parts available for super duty trucks PM me.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:04 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default GT4094R water cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by co04cobra View Post
IMO. No way the fuel cooler pump has the capacity to do both duties. IF it were to cause the pump to fail it would cause issues on many levels at that point.

Thatís why Iím wondering what rate of flow it needs? IE psi.. if little to none and just a standard flow 2-5psi then Iím sure it would be fine.. OR. Get a second auxiliary pump, and literally make itís own coolant lines and get a reservoir, not hard. I just donít understand using hot coolant to cool a turbo, obviously many donít even have a coolant provision, but wondering if it actually helps? Or makes it hotter.

Come to think of it I think that aux pump only kicks on when the fuel temp reaches 140* or something like that, so it might not even work, youíd have no coolant flow until fuel reached temp..

But if he just gets another aux coolant pump (I have a few for sale) and puts it to power with a switch he can turn the system on whenever he wants.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:41 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

The gt45 on my 6.7 has been beat on daily for about 13k miles now with the water ports completely unused. Turbo builder told me he never hooks into them...
05 Excursion 4x4
19 CCSB F350 4x4
19 CCSB F350 4X4
Old 12-31-2020, 10:09 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccafellas View Post
Thatís why Iím wondering what rate of flow it needs? IE psi.. if little to none and just a standard flow 2-5psi then Iím sure it would be fine.. OR. Get a second auxiliary pump, and literally make itís own coolant lines and get a reservoir, not hard. I just donít understand using hot coolant to cool a turbo, obviously many donít even have a coolant provision, but wondering if it actually helps? Or makes it hotter.

Come to think of it I think that aux pump only kicks on when the fuel temp reaches 140* or something like that, so it might not even work, youíd have no coolant flow until fuel reached temp..

But if he just gets another aux coolant pump (I have a few for sale) and puts it to power with a switch he can turn the system on whenever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselJpower View Post
The gt45 on my 6.7 has been beat on daily for about 13k miles now with the water ports completely unused. Turbo builder told me he never hooks into them...
I have never run a true ball bearing turbo, so this is new ground.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:13 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccafellas View Post
I would personally try and tap into the fuel cooler lines, I donít know the pressure needed but assuming the auxiliary pump is capable youíd have MUCH cooler coolant if using the auxiliary to fuel cooler coolant, if you still have your fuel cooler, if not then use the auxiliary pump itself as a stand alone for the turbo, and custom make your own reservoir. What kind of setup you running with that turbo? And whatís the AR

S364.5sxe with .84. Drive pressures are 1:1 but laggy. Towing sucks.

Stayed with .84 divided on the 4094. 6-speed manual...
Old 01-01-2021, 09:35 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I will go with the heater core lines.

You don't think the chra may add excessive heat to the heater core and cooling circuit in general? I doubt it, but who knows.

A stand alone is an option, but there was barely room for the snow II kit under there, so I don't want to shoe-horn any more chit underhood.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:39 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

When I ******d my fuel cooler I used the pump and radiator to cool two turbos and it worked fine. This last go around I just tied into the heater core supply line and returned back to the degas bottle thru the unused egr port. Using the heater core lines is much more simple and you no longer have to keep the fuel cooler reservoir.