EGT control options

KCTurbos

Reaction score
500-600hp? That is a pretty big window! I would narrow down the goal a little bit and decide how you plan to use the truck... Towing? DD? Drag? Dyno? Etc... Having a reliable 600hp setup will limit your towing abilities and require much more money to make it realiable. Have a reliable 500hp setup that can tow is simple... hope that makes sense.

I always suggest anyone looking to go over 500hp to think about upgrading the transmission. Some people have had great luck but others blow up their tranny really fast. Better safe than sorry IMO...

Fuel system. I would get a good setup like a1000 or 41402 and a good reg return. Skip the blue spring upgraded and air dog.

Anything you can increase in the air path will help... upgraded intercooler, ported intake, cold air intake, cac tubes, upgraded exhaust manifolds, ported heads, etc...

Here is some food for thought on HP setups (I know you are looking at turbo/injectors right now but it is good to have a plan)

190/75s and a KC Stage 3 68mm turbo should put you in the 575-650hp range depending on supporting mods. Your tranny will not last long on this setup. This setup is tough to tow with.

175/30 and KC Stage 2 64mm turbo should put you in the 525-575hp range depending on supporting mods. This setup should tow with ease as long as you don't lug the motor in OD. Your tranny should last as long as you don't beat on it.

175/stock and KC Stage 1.5 63mm turbo should put you in the 475-525hp range depending on supporting mods. This setup will tow awesome.

You can mix and match the setups and there are lots of different options out there... but that should give you a general idea.

Last edited:

Drewvdw

Reaction score
Ok, I want my truck to be built to hold 600rwhp reliably. I'm not looking to make that power right now, nor am I looking at parts that will get me there. I want to be limited by my stock injectors and turbo before I upgrade either of them. Essentially I'm following a similar path as what I did with my subie, it's built to be capable of 800whp "reliably" but it still has the stock turbo which limits me to 320whp on a "heartbreaker" mustang dyno. (This recipe netted me a tie for highest hp stock turbo subie that tuner had seen on his dyno, the other guy actually had the tuner go for a full on race tune and rebuilt the motor frequently)

Sorry, I'm sure most of you don't give 2 ****s about a little 2.5 liter 4 cylinder, but its the best analogy I can come up with off the top of my head.

My truck is going to end up towing my subie, but for now it is my daily driver. I want it to be capable of being pretty quick too. A few of my friends want me to drag race it with my subie on a trailer behind it doing a burn out, but I can't be in 2 places at one, haha.

Drewvdw

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on steed speed exhaust manifolds? Can you get them non-coated? I'm not crazy about traditional ceramic coatings, I've had much better experience with coatings from Swaintech. They have a thermal retentive coating that really impressed me with my subie.

Latest posts

Members online