Question on injectors

tyler2k

Reaction score
so my truck has been idling rough on cold starts here in nj the past few days but seems to clear up when warm. then the other day I noticed it was kinda down on power and getting a shake at like 1500rpm but clears up with higher rpm. I went into the diagnostic on the edge insight and saw a code for cylinder 5 contribution but never got a check engine light. the truck had 190k on it and I don't know the history of the injectors so I'm bringing it to my shop to do a full test with the scanner. my question is if the injector is bad I'm just gonna replace them all and was looking at the 155cc ones, can I run those with the stock tune or will it be an issue? also side question, someone told me that the edge gauge would prevent the check engine light from coming on even if there's codes, is that true?

tyler2k

Reaction score
also should mention I had a stiction issue when I first got the truck but rev x cleared it up for the past year

79jasper

Reaction score
Cylinder contribution codes wont always light up the engine light.
You can run a 155/stick nozzle on stock tuning, but it will run rough when warm.
Never heard that with a edge.
What year truck?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tyler2k

Reaction score
it's a 2003, if got tunes on the edge so I could have them updated for the 155, I just have yet to load The tune since replacing the hpop

79jasper

Reaction score
I don't know if you can get custom tunes for the edge.
As far as the 6.0 is concerned, I think sct is the only tune loader you can use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tyler2k

Reaction score
iv got the edge insight pro, it has custom tunes from ******** on it. I was just hoping to get away with the 155cc and the stock tune for now until I'm ready to add more power

Latest posts

Members online