03 F350. What should i get next?

jb03

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Im trying to decide what I should do to my powerstroke next. Its a 2003 f350 Lariat 4 door long bed. It has 8.5inches of lift with 37s. OUO tractions blocks, 4in straight pipe to a 8in single stack, chipped, gauges, audio system and intake. Ive been saving for awhile but not sure what to do next. Gears?38s and 20s next? Save for motor stuff? Tranny? 05-07 front end?

Id just love to hear some ideas. The truck has 195,000 miles on it btw.

Thanks!

jb03

Reaction score
it has a bulldog 75hp chip. Its been in the truck for at least 7 years and no problems(knock on wood). Im kinda leaning towards saving to do tranny then engine work because i can always to looks later but would want a faster truck lol.

Dittmerdiesel

Reaction score
Must be a 7.3 if it has a 75 hp Bullydog chip. Honestly, the truck looks pretty good how it sits. I dont think ill ever do a 05 front end when you can just get the grille and headlights for wayyy cheaper. Injectors, turbo and a water/meth injection would be my next step. But thats just me. Although if you did that there would probably be some tranny issues. Its hard to just pick one more thing... its a vicious cycle. with injectors you would have to get a new chip programmed for your set up as well.

jb03

Reaction score
its a 7.3. Im thinkin built tranny first. BTS or suncoast. Then injectors, turbo, custom tuning and then eventually il do a 08-10 conversion.

Arisley

Reaction score
Personally, if you are planning on performance mods, I would start with everything it takes to make them work for you instead of breaking things. Start by cleaning up the fuel system. In tank and pre pump mods, (Hutch and Harpoon). Remove the valve from the standpipe in the fuel bowl. Pull the little fittings out between the fuel lines and the heads and bore out the little check valves in there.

Anything you can do to make the fuel flow better and cleaner will pay you back at a later date. After that I would at a minimum put a Sonnax valve and tricumalator kit in the valve body. Then swap the bully dog chip for a real six position chip.

Latest posts

Members online