Bumper options for two tone truck. Opinions wanted

powerstroke95

Reaction score
Last week I rear ended someone after an ice storm, so it looks like I'm going to be replacing my grill and bumper. Truck is a 2001 with 2005 header panel, headlights and cut 05 grill. I've been thinking about getting the 05 bumper and ptm the plastic white, but I’m afraid it’s going to really clash with the burgundy. Thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
20121221_163554_zpsc587aa6a.jpg

Truckmarch2012_zps8ccd5f6c.png

smokin99stroke

Reaction score
I did the 05 front end on mine recently, I have a two tone also, gray on black. I thought for a long time if I wanted to get the upper plastic gray or black and settled on gray. Glad I did. If I were you I think I'd go for white. Hard decision though. I'll upload some of my pics so you can see what I did

Heres a before
IMAG0324-2.jpg

IMAG0577.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

I think having the burgundy may be a little odd especially since most of your truck is white. Plus the plastic ends just before the line of two tone starts. So the burgundy plastic would be higher than the rest of the two tone. Search Matt P, he has a white/tan king ranch and pretty sure he painted his upper part tan, still looks good though. Good luck, post up some results

JDub

Reaction score
When I did the 05 clip on my two tone 02 truck, I painted the bumper to match. Top plastic was white and the lower meal part was silver. I'll try and post up a pic when I can. Looked really clean.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Just spray the top of the 05 bumper white and the bottom to match your red two tone. Thats how I did mine it looks great IMO

IMG_5506_zps2d679a48.jpg

powerstroke95

Reaction score
Yeah that might be something to play with. I think I'll just get the top plastic painted white first and put it on to see how it looks. I can always get the bottom painted latter.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah that might be something to play with. I think I'll just get the top plastic painted white first and put it on to see how it looks. I can always get the bottom painted latter.

Have you thought about getting some stock flares and painting em red? Then paint the whole bumper,pad included, red to match?

Latest posts

Members online