03 f-250 performance help

Hunter7830

Reaction score
I've had this truck for a year and the only problems that I've had with it are the fuel injectors, which've gone out twice already and I'm pretty sure they're about to go out again because it's just running the same way it did the last time the injectors went out. Other than that this truck's been great to me, but I'd like to put some stuff on to it and would appreciate any advice y'all are willing to give about which brand is better for performance or if I shouldn't do it.
1) Straight piped, (nothing loud I just want the benefits, so I was thinking a 4 inch)
2) EGR delete kit
3) Cold air intake
4) Programmer
5) and something else to help with my injector problem

1fastTRX

Reaction score
You shouldn't have injectors going out like that. Save the money on the intake until you start considering a turbo upgrade. You will need gauges to monitor vitals. An edge insight is nice, but you'll need additional accessories for add-on sensors. Fuel pressure gauge is first to find out where your injector issue is coming from. Check your ficm voltage it should never get below 45 volts. Typically they hover about 48 volts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I've had this truck for a year and the only problems that I've had with it are the fuel injectors, which've gone out twice already and I'm pretty sure they're about to go out again because it's just running the same way it did the last time the injectors went out. Other than that this truck's been great to me, but I'd like to put some stuff on to it and would appreciate any advice y'all are willing to give about which brand is better for performance or if I shouldn't do it.
1) Straight piped, (nothing loud I just want the benefits, so I was thinking a 4 inch)
2) EGR delete kit
3) Cold air intake
4) Programmer
5) and something else to help with my injector problem

4 inch or 5 inch turbo back MBRP,Diamond Eye, Flo Pro etc

There is allot of EGR deletes out there

No limit FAB CAI

SCT W/ gearhead, innovative diesel or TSD tunes

Try some Rev X should solve the injector problems your having.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I bought a 03 f250 standard cab, 2wd, for a test truck and daily driver. The truck had 181000 miles on it, was bone stock, with the 1/4 optional dirt dust on engine. The only thing that I could tell was done to the truck was a new FICM,(OEM replacement). Only problem I had was the ICP connector, and ICP blowing out oil.

I upgrade the exhaust to a 4" Diamond eye with muffler, edge monitor, a S&B cold intake, and EGR delete. I also replaced the oilcooler, ported intake manifold, SCT tuner with custom tunes, and did one for one bolt for stud replacement. I have been very happy with the truck and as actually gave me less problems then the other truck I built up. Hell every time I do a upgrade the truck actually makes more power and runs stronger instead of fighting me like the other.

I would also find out way injectors are failing, main thing is to make sure you have a good base truck to start with, before doing mods.
Since this truck is my test truck I have had just about all the turbo sizes on it stock, powermax, all the way to a 71mm vgt turbo.

I like the exhaust tone, and didn't effect any performance, the truck as stock fuel system, and injectors. I do plan on upgrading the injectors later this year, to 175/30, hope that helps out a little.

Last edited:

Hunter7830

Reaction score
Alright, well the problems start with what feels like no power when the truck is cold, I'll be pushing it pretty hard to get up to 30, and then 50 it shimmy pretty bad until it warms up. I'll take it to the ford workshop and they,ll some injectors are out and replace them, and the truck will run well for about 6 months before it happens again. I've tried testing the voltage of the FICM and it won't go under 49, and I put some injector cleaner mixed in with the diesel after they replaced them the second time. But its starting to show signs like it did the last two times the injectors went out, so I guess what I'm doing isn't working.

Reaction score
That my friend would be stiction IMO
Welcome to the 6.0 :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Alright, well the problems start with what feels like no power when the truck is cold, I'll be pushing it pretty hard to get up to 30, and then 50 it shimmy pretty bad until it warms up. I'll take it to the ford workshop and they,ll some injectors are out and replace them, and the truck will run well for about 6 months before it happens again. I've tried testing the voltage of the FICM and it won't go under 49, and I put some injector cleaner mixed in with the diesel after they replaced them the second time. But its starting to show signs like it did the last two times the injectors went out, so I guess what I'm doing isn't working.

That my friend would be stiction IMO
Welcome to the 6.0 :thumbup:

He is absolutely correct, you have sticition issue. Putting additive in the desiel fuel will do nothing for it. The problem is on the oil side of your injectors, if they just replaced a couple and not all injectors you will likely have the ones not change do the same. There are a couple of additive out there that might save the injectors, I have tried hot shot didn't do much for me and rev-x which worked very well. There are some others and guys on here will tell you which ones.

Irontx

Reaction score
I would Def check that fuel pressure..... shouldn't be running through injectors like that.... Also. ... may wanna look into a ficm tune.... might have one of those really great flashes ford came up with that was bad about killing injectors....

Demon6.0

Reaction score
A fuel/air separator like an Airdog or Fass wouldn't hurt either. These motors were designed to run very clean fuel.

X2 on the Rev-X

Sent from the drivers seat of my Lariat using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Nope stiction is just stiction....
Warren diesel has new spool valves that are supposed to not have stiction..
You send them your injectors and theyll put em on for around 400

Reaction score
Btw just saying
My 03 has 4" turbo back straight pipe
Egr delete
Blue spring
Banjo bolts
Sct tuner with quick tricks tuning
Mtw stage 2 turbo
And 175cc injectors on the way
These mods will make your truck fun to drive