05 front end conversion

chappy

Reaction score
Well I was thinking about doing a conversion. i've got the 05 headlights and cut the header panel for them to fit. I didn't feel like looking around on the other site even though I'm sure its been discussed there. I just don't think the 04 front end looks right with the 05 headlights and it bugs me. So I found this kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-07-FORD-...:F-250+Super+Duty&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae0ad5340 and it looks like its all the stuff I need. I don't want chrome so this stuff I can get painted to match. A few questions. One will the 05 grill bolt up to my 04 header panel? What other stuff might I need ? Can my 04 fog lights and brackets bolt to the 05 bumper? I just bought the damn things brackets and all and got hids for them. Would suck if I can't.

Matt_P

Reaction score
The bottom of the 05 grill wont clip into the 04 header panel, youll have to zip tie it or something, I just bought the 05 header panel for both front end swaps I did. The 04 fogs wont work in the 05 bumper either. Other than bumper brackets you really wont need anything else

Imcummin

Reaction score
The bottom of the 05 grill wont clip into the 04 header panel, youll have to zip tie it or something, I just bought the 05 header panel for both front end swaps I did. The 04 fogs wont work in the 05 bumper either. Other than bumper brackets you really wont need anything else

X's 2.

Agjake11

Reaction score
with that ebay kit youll need the brackets and hardware to put it together. the HID's from your 04 fogs will fit right into the 05+ fog lights though

chappy

Reaction score
At least I can use the hid kit and maybe sell the fogs off the 04. I was worried about something like the grill not clipping to the 04 header because the 05 grills longer. I might just get a header panel then. Appreciate the help guys.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Fwiw I got 175 for my old bumper when I did the swap and the fog lights it had in it were pretty much worthless

Agjake11

Reaction score
not pictured in the ebay listing and therefore one has to assume its not included but you need the ones that go around the tow hooks and will mount the bumper to the frame just like your original bumper and then one on each side that mounts to the bumper and then to the frame

AKHILF

Reaction score
I made some L brackets for the bottom of my grill and bolted it. I like it and didnt buy the header panel. Maybe give it a shot and if you dont like it then buy the 05 header.

Latest posts

Members online