$2K TO SPEND

spb_2006

Reaction score
Alright, got rid of the 7.3 and picked up a 06 6.0 KR. I know the basics with the 6.0 but Im needing to know what brands to use for studs, EGR delete, tuner, ect. Maybe some of the venders can tune in and give me some insight. Might be looking for some kind of bundle to get started 'fixin' the new pickup.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Arp studs, stock oil cooler, welded egr cooler or delete, stock head gaskets. Then the small stuff. Coppers and orings, turbo seal kit, intake manifold gasket kit

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
what pat said, while your in there,, 2K$ doesnt go very far...

i know this because i am doing a modest upgrade and i am 4K$ in just parts.

STROKER

Reaction score
If you really want to bulletproof it I would do ARP studs, oem headgaskets, new oil cooler since youll be in there doing the studs, EGR delete i would highly recommend either RCD egr delete or a absolute egr delete from powerstroked162 all of steves work is top notch! Also I would address some common issues on the 05-07 6.0's upgraded stc fitting, upgraded stand pipes which come with oem headgaskets, and I would also install the upgraded dummy plugs. As far as a tuner definitely go with a SCT with custom tuning. PM me if you have any questions or need any help with anything.
-Mike

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'd stay with the proven stuff, arps, stock
Gaskets, oil cooler, Egr delete.SCT x and some gauges. Then injectors and a turbo.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
If you really want to bulletproof it I would do ARP studs, oem headgaskets, new oil cooler since youll be in there doing the studs, EGR delete i would highly recommend either RCD egr delete or a absolute egr delete from powerstroked162 all of steves work is top notch! Also I would address some common issues on the 05-07 6.0's upgraded stc fitting, upgraded stand pipes which come with oem headgaskets, and I would also install the upgraded dummy plugs. As far as a tuner definitely go with a SCT with custom tuning. PM me if you have any questions or need any help with anything.
-Mike

have you been peeking in my windows? :toast:

that is everything sitting in my living room

STROKER

Reaction score
Youll be just fine with ARP's, heck mine have been reused 4 times now on my truck with no issues.

alwil

Reaction score
There are a few really good tuners out there, I have been getting mine from Matt @ Gearhead, some others are Eric @ Innovative diesel , Chris @ Truck source diesel , Vivian @ quick tricks , Doug@ GoGo....I am sure there are more but those are the names I see in the 6.0 section the most.

spb_2006

Reaction score
Who has good up-pipes? I like Elites but Im nervous to order from them after all the negative I've read about them..

Latest posts

Members online