my 06 build thread

lariat06

Reaction score
My truck goes in next monday to get the following done.

Studs
Gaskets
EGR delete
new oil cooler
tune
4" exhaust

Im also getting a p0275 code so im going to have them look into that. So a possibility of new injectors is on the list also.

083.jpg

heres a pic of my truck.

william_ace

Reaction score
Looks great! Make sure and do all the updates as well. Turbo oil feed / drain lines, sct fittings etc.

Chatham036

Reaction score
Add a coolant filter and blue spring, pretty cheap mods

Not sure on how far you plan to build your truck but it may be worth while to save the money on the blue spring and upgrade straight to a regulated return.
If you plan to upgrade your injectors, you will want to have a regulated return anyway

Thumbs up on the coolant filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04stroker

Reaction score
Let me know if I can help on injectors. You can always send yours in to me as soon as its torn down will do whatever you want to them or just go through them and test them and send them right back to you.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
It's like $80 from most places I've seen, for the full kit. Not too bad IMO. And personally, from the little I know now, I'd say you'd be safe w/ up to a 175 or even 190cc(upper limit) injector. Now, I want to do 190s, so I'm planning to do a rr, but again, $80 for a little insurance, worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lariat06

Reaction score
Gonna run the stock injectors for a little longer. Build budget is about at its max so late this spring im gonna shoot for injectors. Thanks for all the tips and info guys.

Ovalboy20

Reaction score
That's cool, I did the egr delete on my pickup myself sitting in the driveway :) And I also put the wicked wheel 2 in while I was at it. Lookin good so far by the way !!!!!

lariat06

Reaction score
HUGE thanks to Matt and all the guys over at Mad Matt's Diesel. I picked the truck up friday and still cant wipe the smile off of my face. Anyone in the DFW area needing work done i highly recomend Mad Matt's Diesel.

lariat06

Reaction score
finally ordered the Extreme tune for it from Tony Wildman. Cant wait to get it in and downloaded on the truck.

Latest posts

Members online