anyone heard of ipr reasearch external oil cooler?

78f100

Reaction score
A customer of mine just bought a truck with this setup on it. It looks really clean, I didn't have long to check it out but am wondering if any of you guys have experience with them and your thoughts.

Snake

Reaction score
This is the same company selling a high flow oil cooler that doesn't meet OEM specs. Just sayin.....

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I have the full flow coolant filter and love it. I have only heard great things from people who own their kits. Owner is an awesome guy and easy to deal with.

Snake

Reaction score
I have the full flow coolant filter and love it. I have only heard great things from people who own their kits. Owner is an awesome guy and easy to deal with.

The coolant filter is a decent piece of gear. The problem with Vince is that he doesn't understand what he's constructing. Look at the relocation of the oil temp sensor compared to where it is in the OEM configuration.

Monster12valve

Reaction score
This is the same company selling a high flow oil cooler that doesn't meet OEM specs. Just sayin.....

I personally am about to purchase a bulletproof oil cooler relocate... Even though it is far more expensive then the IPR... I believe you get what you pay for.... Even if it is just for a piece of mind and the rep of the company you purchased from.
But,,, I have heard nothing but good about IPR and I am about to buy there coolant filter kit.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I read several bulletproof posts going after IPR along w/ several other vendors to include MPD in regards to oil coolers. The BPD guys were sending cease and deciest letters to vendors who attempted to build aftermarket coolers threatening them w/ lawsuits. Not cool IMHO. Their projected bully attitude will keep me from spending my $ on their products. There's usually more than one way to skin a cat and they can't accept that.

The IPR owners I read about on the ORG seemed to like his stuff but the bulletproof crowd aggressively responded to both IPR and anyone who seemed to post positive reviews about their IPR experiences.

I have no dog in this fight but again, the user reviews were good.

78f100

Reaction score
I had never even heard of them before my customer came in with one. He knows nothing about it as it was installed by the previous owner. It also has the high flow coolant filter setup I will say it is very neat and easy to access. Looks like you have to remove the two lines from the filter housing to service the filter. I need to find out if it uses a 2016 filter also, I will be doing all the services on this truck now. I was mostly interested in the quality of the setup. This customer really trusts me so I want to be knowledgeable about what he has and what he needs.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I had never even heard of them before my customer came in with one. He knows nothing about it as it was installed by the previous owner. It also has the high flow coolant filter setup I will say it is very neat and easy to access. Looks like you have to remove the two lines from the filter housing to service the filter. I need to find out if it uses a 2016 filter also, I will be doing all the services on this truck now. I was mostly interested in the quality of the setup. This customer really trusts me so I want to be knowledgeable about what he has and what he needs.

It uses a different oil filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78f100

Reaction score
Thanks Drake. I will have to find some though I don't like using anything other than a mc. I was on thier site for a few min this morning but didn't catch anything about filters, if anyone knows? If not I'm sure I can find it.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I have a spare one, text me your address and its yours

Fordguy100

Reaction score
I remember when everyone was jumping on IPR for this kit. They were claiming he didn't have data to back up his product. IIRC they talked about a large oil pressure drop with it or something like that. Its a lot cheaper, I'll tell you that much. But you still have a oil cooler than can clog up.

Its not like the BPD kit is that great. I have one on my Excursion, the hose routing sucks something awful. My upper radiator pipe is bent to hell as the one oil hose is routed between that and the intake, and there isn't enough room (something had to give, so the radiator hose gets all bent out of shape). Its not bad, its just not the greatest. I do wish that oil cooler block could be seen from up top as that thing is sweet.

I can't complain to much, I bought mine used for about half the price of new.

Snake

Reaction score
I remember when everyone was jumping on IPR for this kit. They were claiming he didn't have data to back up his product. IIRC they talked about a large oil pressure drop with it or something like that. Its a lot cheaper, I'll tell you that much. But you still have a oil cooler than can clog up.

Its not like the BPD kit is that great. I have one on my Excursion, the hose routing sucks something awful. My upper radiator pipe is bent to hell as the one oil hose is routed between that and the intake, and there isn't enough room (something had to give, so the radiator hose gets all bent out of shape). Its not bad, its just not the greatest. I do wish that oil cooler block could be seen from up top as that thing is sweet.

I can't complain to much, I bought mine used for about half the price of new.

Weird. I had zero issues with my install or the routing of my lines. I have a detailed write up on here somewhere with a lot of pics.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I read several bulletproof posts going after IPR along w/ several other vendors to include MPD in regards to oil coolers. The BPD guys were sending cease and deciest letters to vendors who attempted to build aftermarket coolers threatening them w/ lawsuits. Not cool IMHO. Their projected bully attitude will keep me from spending my $ on their products. There's usually more than one way to skin a cat and they can't accept that.

The IPR owners I read about on the ORG seemed to like his stuff but the bulletproof crowd aggressively responded to both IPR and anyone who seemed to post positive reviews about their IPR experiences.

I have no dog in this fight but again, the user reviews were good.

This is my same mentality. I commend BPD and IPR and MPD and anyone that tries to better the Powerstroke world by coming out with new products. The lawsuits are not threats and not rumors. There are lawsuits going on right now and I agree that it shows a bully mentality.

I know lots of BPD customers that are super happy.

I know lots of IPR customers that are super happy.

But what I hate is that whenever someone post anything about IPR it seems like the same couple of fan boys jump on and start bashing (most or all of which have never purchased a product from IPR)... it gets old.

Snake

Reaction score
Point taken. I've never bought an IPR product, but I also have never bought anything from Confederate Diesel.

Motostroker

Reaction score
Vince at IPR is an awesome guy to work with. Customer service is 5 star

Latest posts

Members online